Muscovy gender?

Thank you! I tend to read a lot on BYC, but I never actually joined until a few days ago, getting used to it all. :) I'll grab a picture of her from the front tomorrow!

Thank you! I tend to read a lot on BYC, but I never actually joined until a few days ago, getting used to it all.
smile.png
I'll grab a picture of her from the front tomorrow!
Lots of Texans on here we even have our own state threads have you found it yet?

How is this? I've noticed that our drake is getting friendly with our other hen, but not messing with the muscovy at all. Maybe because the muscovy is so much bigger, hes feeling a little inadequate. Haha.

How is this? I've noticed that our drake is getting friendly with our other hen, but not messing with the muscovy at all. Maybe because the muscovy is so much bigger, hes feeling a little inadequate. Haha.
Maybe because from front looks like a drake. legs far apart. look at your female compared to this one look at difference in where legs sit. Females legs sit so close they almost step on their own feet when walking. Boy this youngin is hard to sex but looking now I say drake. How old? I had a duckling that had me confused for at least 6 weeks.

I know right?! This one has me in a pickle, there are characteristics of both. The muscovy is about 5 months old, and I guess they are just a larger breed than my pekin and swedish blue, but the muscovy has the biggest feet and claws. It's been biting at the chickens lately too, but that may just be a dominance thing. We may just have to wait and see! He/She was mad at me here.

My scovy's and Runners like to pick on the chickens if they get in close enough range. Is this duck making huffing sounds and hissing sounds or does it trill like your other female scovy?

I've never heard it make any sounds other than huffing and heavy breathing. I've never heard a quack out of it, actually. And I totally forgot to answer your question about the Texas thread/group on here. I havent looked for it yet! :)

I've never heard it make any sounds other than huffing and heavy breathing. I've never heard a quack out of it, actually. And I totally forgot to answer your question about the Texas thread/group on here. I havent looked for it yet!
smile.png
All state threads are in the "where am I where are you" lots of great members here from all over.

You won't hear a quack unless you pick her up and she is protesting but even then you may not hear a quack. Scovy's are called quackless ducks because they don't quack.

Huffing sounds like drake though girls usually don't huff.

Back
Top Bottom