Muscovy genetic thread

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
Since our Muscovy genetics discussions are all over the place, I thought I would try and isolate them so we can actually learn how all these wonderful genes go together. Post your unusual Muscovy color pics here for discussion.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

GREAT idea!

Oh...um...is that a Blue-Sepia...maybe het for White?

idunno.gif

Last edited:
My thought was a Blue-Sepia however its always good to hear other peoples opinions. Her clutch mates are 1) very true Blue-Sepia and a Sepia So I would assume she would give us some of the same. I would really like to see other breeders in the US with Sepia lines post as there are some wonderful combinations.

Oh.. as for her white. The hen is a white head, with no other white on her lavender body. Her mom is Windy on my site. I will have to check and make sure Windy's pic is labeled with her name.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is Mom, Windy I bought her less then 30 days before she started laying eggs, so the Drake I have listed as Unknown on the pedigrees since it could very well be someone else's drake.
I won't say anything on a pedigree I don't know for sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This guy is in the butcher pen, he is not in my breeding program. However I thought his white was interesting. He carries the barred, Chocolate and blue genes. Im not sure however what he would be called?

Per Miss Lydia's request: My 2 and only Muscovy drakes....

I was told they were blue barred
hu.gif
I was also told they were a pair
lol.png

Any input....is good. Good or bad, I have tough skin.
big_smile.png

72330_063.jpg

barnie.gif
look at that wing... I need to get a better picture of these boys for you all... That is Jenny...... what is up with those feather ruffled all out like that.
smack.gif
It is cold nasty and raining today...but I will get a better picture of them. Their breasts are still barred at this point. Age unknown. I got them 8-21 , nekid & dirty. Here is their baby pic.
smile.png

72330_002.jpg

Then a few more pics.
72330_md.jpg

72330_slprooster_61.jpg

72330_gnj3.jpg

72330_jng2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom