Muscovy Incubation, by Broody or Incubator

Last picture, I promise:) 20 babies, 3 DIS
hit.gif

Gorgeous babies!!

19 so far. Four eggs remain, 1 pipped, 3 questionable

You have a great variety of colors! Were all of the eggs from one female and drake? The middle duckling is adorable! Looks like it will be black barred, but has some silver to it. You have to keep that one just so we get to see how it grows up :)

You have a great variety of colors! Were all of the eggs from one female and drake? The middle duckling is adorable! Looks like it will be black barred, but has some silver to it. You have to keep that one just so we get to see how it grows up :)
Thank you. Same drake, he's a Black Pied with the white head gene. I think they are all her eggs. I have two Blue Pied girls sitting on eggs of their own.

OMG, I'm so fascinated with Muscovy colors I want to keep them ALL
big_smile.png

+++CORRECTION... I only had Blanche for a week when she went broody. There could be other drakes
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Ren, I candled some eggs that I figured should be hatching right now or at least within the week. I saw some fluid in the air cell. Have you ever seen that? My guess is that the egg maybe isn't losing moisture correctly, but I really have no idea. It's been incredibly humid and hot here in Minnesota. I worry that the ducklings will drown once there's an internal pip.

Ren, I candled some eggs that I figured should be hatching right now or at least within the week. I saw some fluid in the air cell. Have you ever seen that? My guess is that the egg maybe isn't losing moisture correctly, but I really have no idea. It's been incredibly humid and hot here in Minnesota. I worry that the ducklings will drown once there's an internal pip.
I have seen it. Make sure the eggs are laying on their side with the lowest point of dip up. Mine didn't make it so I'm hoping someone else will reply with advice...
fl.gif

@Pyxis
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@learycow

Hello! Just thought I'd share how crazy scovy incubation can be! I had a huge egg last night that had not one but two ducklings in it!! Sadly neither made it but how crazy is a twin egg? Trying to perk myself up a bit!

Hello! Just thought I'd share how crazy scovy incubation can be! I had a huge egg last night that had not one but two ducklings in it!! Sadly neither made it but how crazy is a twin egg? Trying to perk myself up a bit!
hugs.gif
Sorry for your loss. I have heard of that happening and it usually does not turn out well. I can hardly believe how one duck fits in an egg.. couldn't even imagine two
ep.gif

I have seen it. Make sure the eggs are laying on their side with the lowest point of dip up. Mine didn't make it so I'm hoping someone else will reply with advice...
fl.gif

@Pyxis
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@learycow
I'm sorry no one replied. Have any hatched?

Back
Top Bottom