My Chicken has a lump in her neck/chest

Blessed Chicken

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Milton, FL
My Americana chick that is about a month old has a lump on her neck/chest. I have checked it multi times and it does not feel like sandy matter so I'm not sure if it is food in her crop or what. It feels soft and is kinda squishy like fluid. I thought it might have been a cyst but it went all the way down and was gone for a day or so and then I noticed it today again but it looked bigger. What could it be if its not a crop full of food or a cyst can cysts just go and come as they please? Can any one help with this.

Its probably her crop. They fill their crop during the day (its slightly on the right side of the chest) and then overnight they digest the food and its empty again by morning. So if she is acting normal and the crop empties overnight its normal!
big_smile.png

Its probably her crop. They fill their crop during the day (its slightly on the right side of the chest) and then overnight they digest the food and its empty again by morning. So if she is acting normal and the crop empties overnight its normal!
big_smile.png
You just helped educate me as well. Thanks.

(i had the same question and you answered it with the search button)

this site is such a relief, I just felt the same on our silver ameraucana and needed to double check. I'm not known to be a worrier, but it was a huge lump!

Back
Top Bottom