65047_ct9.jpg

65047_ct10.jpg

65047_ct12.jpg

65047_ct14.jpg

65047_ct21.jpg

65047_ct22.jpg

65047_ct24.jpg

65047_ct25.jpg

The wheels are removable; I just life the corner and slide the wheel on on both sides, then lift and pull by the handle on the front. Even though the wheels are not attached, they do not fall off.

Thanks everyone and yes Little Ameraucana Mom, I am lucky to have such a talented and great hubby
love.gif
. I show him pics of this tractor https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=22688-kycklingars-4x10-tractor , though he changed the design a bit.

The only minor thing is that once the wheels are on, the door cannot be fully opened; it is not that big of a deal because the wheels cannot be left on since it does lift the coop off the ground. I found about the door when I went to get the waterer and moveable perch out before I moved it and had already put the wheels on. I have the feeder hanging but take it out as well so it doesn't swing around. The chickens are really good about walking along with it while in motion
cool.png

The hoops are made out of something called composite liner; hubby works for a window manufacturing company and they throw out a lot of it; it use to get chopped into two foot lengths and thrown in the garbage. There are a few people now who take it home and make things out of it. We have a couple arbors and a high tunnel/greenhouse made from it. Here is my high tunnel

65047_009.jpg

The top gets covered in plastic before it rains. You can see the arbor into the other chicken coop in the background.

65047_chickpics_011.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom