my Chinese Swan goose-Ryan Gosling

PuggyDawn

Chirping
Mar 20, 2019
Lakehills, Texas
Ryan has been sleeping in the coop with my chickens but she is just too big now. I've set her up an enclosure right next to the chicken run with a door between them so she can go to their side and they can come see her....but at night the chickens go up into the coop. I would like to make or purchase Ryan a nesting box or a "safe place" for her to cuddle up. A place to keep her warm in the winter and since it's summer now, a place, that will be breezy but possibly not so obvious to predators. She'll be safe in her enclosure but she may not understand that.
Thanks in advance...Dawn

I use a number of different size dog crates; the plastic ones that have slits on the sides and a metal barred door with my birds. They work well as they can be closed at night to keep the contents safe.

I use a number of different size dog crates; the plastic ones that have slits on the sides and a metal barred door with my birds. They work well as they can be closed at night to keep the contents safe.
Thank you so very much! I have an XXXL dog crate, just like the one you described. That's an excellent idea! 👍

You're welcome. I have eight dogs and none have ever been in a dog crate; strictly for the birds.
Yes, I have 5 dogs and neither of them have used a crate. I live out in the boonies, and often dogs get dumped out here. I usually end up rescuing them and taking them to the adjacent town's Rescue, when they have an opening. (That's how I got 5 dogs...I'm kind of a foster-failure 😁)

Back
Top Bottom