My Christmas EGG TREE!

Cool!! I did ornaments like those as presents for family last year...here are a few I did!

(Click on them to see bigger)
It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but I was really pleased with them, as I was able to make the bird stretch all around the egg (home-laid, of course).
They made awesome Christmas presents! But it would have been beyond me to make enough to decorate a tree with...so wow! I'm impressed. Very cool project.

Edited to make pics work
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow!! Those are gorgeous!!! What talent! Thank you for sharing.
thumbsup.gif
Your hangars look really interesting, can you tell us how you made them?

Hazel those are gorgeous!!! well done
smile.png
I want to make some bird ones for myself i think, I love the Tufted Titmouse you did <3

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Thanks!! I drilled a larger hole in the top (for the egg stuff to come out), and a smaller hole in the bottom. Then, when I had blown them out, let them dry, and painted them, I sealed the hole in the bottom with glue. I wound some wire tightly around a pencil so it kind of resembled a spring, and then I tied some embroidery thread to a small loop of wire at the end of it. I then spiraled the "spring" down through the larger, top hole, and when the whole "spring" was inside, I shook it up to make sure it could not come out again. It actually worked remarkably well, for something I was just testing. I threaded some beads onto the top and glued them there to hide the upper hole. Glad you like them!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Thanks!! I drilled a larger hole in the top (for the egg stuff to come out), and a smaller hole in the bottom. Then, when I had blown them out, let them dry, and painted them, I sealed the hole in the bottom with glue. I wound some wire tightly around a pencil so it kind of resembled a spring, and then I tied some embroidery thread to a small loop of wire at the end of it. I then spiraled the "spring" down through the larger, top hole, and when the whole "spring" was inside, I shook it up to make sure it could not come out again. It actually worked remarkably well, for something I was just testing. I threaded some beads onto the top and glued them there to hide the upper hole. Glad you like them!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that technique. I think I'd be afraid to crack the egg if I drilled a larger hole. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom