My dad doesn't think a chicken is a pet.

Quote:
Most certainly!!
thumbsup.gif

I have my favorites but I keep mine for production. I lie all of my chickens but only a few are my "pets" I have maybe 2 pet chickens out of 60 that I have.

Last edited:
Its hard to let one go. We found a home for one of ours that turned out to be a rooster.We replaced him with a sizzle chick that we hope is a pullet. The sizzle is a really affectionate bird,as smart as any parrot I have owned and it has Lyle Lovette big hair

I love my pets they sure are not money makers. I would have to have a huge farm before I could break even. Pets yes. I had one trained to sit on my shoulder as I walked around... I could pat my head and he would fly up and sit. I was 12 and yes it looked funny.
O:>
O
{}
ll

Last edited:
I guess I'm alot like your dad, BBQ. I consider chickens for eggs first, meat second. My dog's a pet. My chickens aren't. That said, I immensely enjoy my chickens. I guess it's a matter of what you term a pet. I'm sure a lot of old time farmers would of considered their milk cow sort of a pet. Many horse owners consider their horses more than just a critter. While I'd never take a chicken to a vet, make them "toys" or diapers, lol, they're birds I truly enjoy watching....

Back
Top Bottom