My dad thinks it's a brain tumor...

Unfortunately no. I'm looking for a pedi-thingy someone posted before. I saw one at petsmart but it was expensive. Anyone know of a similar product that works well for an affordable price?

I have been following this thread and am so so happy to hear she is getting some spunk back.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I tried, it justs takes a long time. She doesn't hold still either.

Do you feel comfortable taking just the end off with a toe nail clipper?

Use a cat nail clipper. Get some syptic powder and only snip a tiny bit at a time. Wait a few days between tiny trims.
I have some parrots that need beak trims and so Im used to it, but if you go too fast it will bleed alot. So you want to be sure to go slow and use syptic powder or gel if it bleeds.. filing wont help much.
If she can eat OK, I wouldn't worry much about the beak. As long as she is getting food down, leave it until she has recovered.

If you look closely at the beak you will see kind of a translucent area that is the part you should clip, dog nail clippers work really well on beaks but you should NEVER trim it short enough for it to bleed. I have a rooster who requires weekly beak trimmings since his bottom beak fell off after a major incident with another roo thru a fence. If I didn't clip his top beak regularily he wouldn't be able to eat at all. He would also look like gonzo from the muppets. Use toenail clippers to shape up the edges after you clip the end of her beak with the dog/cat nail clippers.

Back
Top Bottom