my daughter has a mini rex rabbit and......

I didn't read the entire thread cause Im in a hurry, so I don't know if anyones already mentioned this or not..

But there could be many things causing this. The first thing that popped

into my mind was when you said "and any other veggie I have

on hand" . theres MANY veggies that should never be fed, and can cause

sickness or death. Dont feed TO MUCH kale or it can can problems, and All veggies

should be introduced one by one, and if you

see watery or loose droppings, the last veggie that was

introduced should be imediatly removed.

I shouldn't have said 'any other veggie' cause I really don't do that. I give them kale because I always have it here cause in the winter I give my chickens and geese and ducks so they aren't stuck just eating their reg food. I have only been giving the rabbits kale, a few carrots and the romaine lettuce. I wont be giving the lettuce again, I just had some extra and thought if it was green then it could sub for the kale. They have had romaine before, just not to often though.

Thanks everyone for your advice and replies. Now I am totally freaking out on what to do and what not to do:) but I am like that with all my animals, worrier or a touch of OCD.

Quote:
I can SOOO relate to you on that one. I am the same way with my pets. LOL!!
smile.png

What I do is surf the net and read as much information as I can on what to give for food, treats, ect. Thank the Lord for Google! There is a lot of information about rabbits on the web that will answer your questions.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

What I do is surf the net and read as much information as I can on what to give for food, treats, ect. Thank the Lord for Google! There is a lot of information about rabbits on the web that will give you the info. you're seeking.

Thank you. I actually have already done that for my chickens, geese and ducks. I just thought I had gotten a good book for the rabbits. Now I feel bad for not going that extra mile.

I will do better:)

Quote:
smile.png

What I do is surf the net and read as much information as I can on what to give for food, treats, ect. Thank the Lord for Google! There is a lot of information about rabbits on the web that will give you the info. you're seeking.

Thank you. I actually have already done that for my chickens, geese and ducks. I just thought I had gotten a good book for the rabbits. Now I feel bad for not going that extra mile.

LOL!! Your'e absolutely fine. I had rabbit books too! LOL!
big_smile.png
there is always good info on the net. as a matter of fact, I had a vet give me Clavamox for a bun I had who was battling "snuffles"
after surfing the wed about it..(my normal vet never used clavamox so I was slightly worried cause it's for Cats) Lo and behold you Never Give rabbits Clavamox. so i had to go back to the vet and complain and get the Baytril that my normal vet always gave. nothing in my Bunny books about that.

Quote:

LOL!! Your'e absolutely fine. I had rabbit books too! LOL!
big_smile.png
there is always good info on the net. as a matter of fact, I had a vet give me Clavamox for a bun I had who was battling "snuffles"
after surfing the wed about it..(my normal vet never used clavamox so I was slightly worried cause it's for Cats) Lo and behold you Never Give rabbits Clavamox. so i had to go back to the vet and complain and get the Baytril that my normal vet always gave. nothing in my Bunny books about that.

Wow that is scary. I will look for some info online. I am so thankful for this site. It is amazing and so much info to help guide us in the right direction.

Thanks again

Wow that is scary. I will look for some info online. I am so thankful for this site. It is amazing and so much info to help guide us in the right direction.

Thanks again

yeah I was mad too cause he should of known that being a Vet..but not all vets really know rabbits..as I found out.

I agree, this site is good for learning about different things...I lurk and read most of the time..LOL!!
big_smile.png

wink.png
Try stopping all veggies for just a couple days and see if anything improves.

Just a thought. I wish the best of luck for you and your bunny!

Back
Top Bottom