My ducks hate being outside!

It's really nice here (in St. Louis).  Went out to lunch & didn't want to come back.  I'll be home at a decent hour and that's when the duck-babies are used to having swim time.  I've never been so anxious to get home after work as I've been since becoming a duck-Mom.
We are in Minnesota and have had a pretty rainy chilly spring so far. I am home most days but I know what your saying about wanting to get home to your ducks! They are just so fun!

It's really nice here (in St. Louis).  Went out to lunch & didn't want to come back.  I'll be home at a decent hour and that's when the duck-babies are used to having swim time.  I've never been so anxious to get home after work as I've been since becoming a duck-Mom.
Haha I know what you mean, I am a stay home mom and I still don't feel like I get enough time with the duckies it seems like there is always so much stuff to do but I do love sharing the experiences with my daughter's they are big helpers I feel like things like yard work will be easier as they get older and have more independence right now they are use to an area in the front yard, when I bring them out back they have fun but quickly drop everything to cry if I happen to.be a little far or out of eye shot yesterday I was trying to get a little more done on their enclosure and I was behind a board nailing pieces of wood to their ramp to give them more traction every time I popped down they screamed until I popped my head back up haha

Half feathered and half fluff... I love that stage! It's hard for me to believe they were little fluffy babies just 7 weeks ago. I think that's why I had to get a pair of goslings three days ago.
smile.png

LOL...yeah, I'm already worried about getting empty nest syndrome (ha...get it?) once they're in their big duck coop and I love geese, plus saw some adorable turkeys at the feed store recently.

LOL...yeah, I'm already worried about getting empty nest syndrome (ha...get it?) once they're in their big duck coop and I love geese, plus saw some adorable turkeys at the feed store recently.
Haha! Empty nest syndrome! :)

I used to have a fear of turkeys. For some odd reason I had nightmares about them. I have no idea why! When we went to go pick up our goslings the women had some turkeys. I was pretty fascinated with them. The sound they make with their feathers is really neat. Needless to say I'm not afraid of them anymore... lol

@JLynnsDuckies
 - so list them out for me...who do you have and what are their names (if they've been named).  :D
We have two almost 8 week old pekins. Our females name is Hazel. I'm pretty sure the other is a male, his name is Henry. I say pretty sure because he's still peeping while Hazel has been quacking for at least 3 weeks. His peeps are just now getting raspy and he's really quiet compared to her.

Then we have two almost two week old pilgrim goslings. Both male. Their names are Oscar and Ollie.

Now the same question to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom