My escapees

jmdarrow

Chirping
Mar 21, 2015
west monroe, ny
I thought I'd share this with you since I am sure I am not the only one who has gone through this.
My husband was looking out the window early yesterday morning, coffee in hand ready to face the day.
He goes out to the porch for his morning smoke and notices chickens strolling,down the driveway. He's thinking "will ya look at that, neighbors chickens are loose."
He looks at the coop, yep, the chicken door is closed. Looks at those chickens again, and it finally dawns on him 'oh no! Those are our chickens!" how the heck?
Yep, they got out the people door cause SOMEONE didn't latch it properly and my giant must have popped that door open and the girls went for an early morning stroll.
Needless to say, he bellows, Jackie your chickens are strolling down the driveway...yep, it was me in my jammies ushering those girls back up the driveway, while he is enjoying his cup of coffee on the porch laughing his butt off. The life of a chicken keeper.
All I can say is...it hadn't better happen in the winter, cAuse it isn't going to be ME ushering those girls back up the driveway. Lol!

Tee hee jmdarrow

Thank you for sharing .. yep, the life of a chicken keeper has it’s moments … if it had of been my hubby, he would have been on the porch, laughing his butt off hanging onto a video camera!
wink.png

Did you have your pink fuzzy slippers on?

Now that I got chickens, my sister told me I had to get pink fuzzy slippers for when I go to let them out in the morning. It seems her neighbor has pink fuzzy slippers that she wears every morning when she lets her chickens out and last week she was chasing a rooster down the road with them on.

A few years ago, I had just come back from dropping my kids off at school. As I got out of my car, I heard my husband's voice from the direction of the barn, screaming the sorts of words that you can't put on BYC. Interspersed in the profanity, I heard "Betsy," the name of my mini mule. Within a few seconds the animal in question came into view rounding the corner of the workshop. She was loping just fast enough that Hubby couldn't catch her, and a few feet behind her, here came Hubby. Absurdly, a few feet behind him trotted Syd, my miniature horse, looking like, "you're going somewhere? Wait for me; I'm coming, too!" Hubs had opened the gate near the barn to get the tractor in, and Betsy had slipped through it. He knew perfectly well that chasing her was futile, but does that ever stop a man from doing something? When he saw me, he stopped running, and said, "oh, you're back. You can catch the stupid thing!" I had carrots in my pocket, and Betsy knew that, so she trotted right up to me . . . .
gig.gif

But you can bet, if he had known I was home, I'd have just heard "YOUR HORSES ARE OUT!" and it would have been up to me to deal with it.
roll.png

My mustang mare knows how to unlatch gates that don't have an actual LOCK on them. She is also small, and can get through spaces you can't even imagine. Somehow she got out and let the others out. I had the law on my front porch asking if I could come catch my (crazy) horse. They couldn't get near her. I said sure, and went and calmly started pouring feed. All four horses heard the feed buckets and came GALLOPING down the road, into the property, and to the pasture where feed buckets are. They then did the I'm being fed dance. The officer couldn't contain his laughter. Thank god I was home, they were heading for the highway and he just happened to see them. He had blocked the road and called for help. A passing neighbor immediately recognized my white pony mare and told them to come get me.

My husband would have been on the chase crew and would have never thought to get a bucket of feed. He's not a horse man. Haha. He would've tried to catch my crazy mare... It takes a team to halter her if she doesn't want to be caught

Isn't it AMAZING how we have to teach the men in our families to catch our animals? Then they have the nerve to look at you like "why didn't I think of that?"
I don't know a man or an animal that won't come for food! Sorry guys.
1f603.png
1f603.png

As for the pink fuzzy slippers? No, they are pink crocks. And I LOVE them.

Ok maybe your right, but, they do set themselves up. And I just can't help myself. Everyone needs a good chuckle now and then. Me, I'm stalking him, waiting for my next opportunity to laugh my butt off and post the experience. I just pray he doesn't catch me doing the same thing. Have a good day!
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom