my favorite Turkey is sick.

ray2310

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Smithfield, PA
I posted my problem on the turkey board a few days ago - no help.

Last week I lost my 9 week old Bourbon Red hen. She was weak, slow moving, wings droopy, thin and smaller than the others.
I brought her in the house for observation - she died 4 hours later.
(poo was mostly white)

This morning i noticed another turkey hen looking thin and lethargic. (Uno, my favorite turkey - now 10 weeks old)
She is a BR/Wild cross. I brought her in this morning she didn't eat anything (gave feed, water, raw kefir, and scrambled eggs (all with cayenne pepper)
On Saturday I put ACV in their water for the first time - and occasionally sprinkle cayenne pepper on their Nature's Best Organic Turkey Starter) She does not have bright yellow poop.
we have 5 turkeys now (Uno is sleeping on my lap - we are very attached to each other - she is mad in the sick-bird cage throwing her feed/water everywhere)

I also noticed that she has a clear runny nose when she puts her head down.Her nose/beak is turning dark grey - is that a symptom or breed characteristic?

I have Tylan 50 here as well as corrid - i just don't know what to do - where to start really!
I have been trying to call my extension office all morning to see if black head is in our area.

HELP!

I am also new to turkeys, but I have had problems too. I gave .5cc Tylan 50 in the back of the neck for 3 days and it worked. I have also read where you can just shoot it down their throats, causing less tissue damage.

Any one with more experience feel free to correct me.

Walter from my extension office got back to me - respiratory. I gave her an injection of .5 cc Tylan 50 into her left breast.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I am completely attached to this little girl and she is very attached to me.
She comes to me and wants to be held!

Back
Top Bottom