My first try!! Day 18

What kind of incubator is this in the photo?  Just curious.

Whoops.. I meant to reply to this one.  I was wondering what type of incubator was in that photo.  

It's a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX with humidity pump ~

My chicken that hatched last night is still in the incubator, its pecking at another egg that is trying to hatch is that ok? Also i had to open the incubator i had a smal dish of water and the chick decided to flop into the water. so i pulled it out and put a taller dish of water for the humidity

My chicken that hatched last night is still in the incubator, its pecking at another egg that is trying to hatch is that ok? Also i had to open the incubator i had a smal dish of water and the chick decided to flop into the water. so i pulled it out and put a taller dish of water for the humidity

Yes that's fine, it won't hurt anything pecking at the egg. Hatched chicks encourage the unhatched to get a wriggle on. Good job you were on hand with the chick going in the water, they can so easily drown so you did the right thing by putting a taller one in so they can't get in the water.

Let's hope the others get a move on soon :fl

Last edited:
Yes that's fine, it won't hurt anything pecking at the egg. Hatched chicks encourage the unhatched to get a wriggle on. Good job you were on hand with the chick going in the water, they can so easily drown so you did the right thing by putting a taller one in so they can't get in the water.

Let's hope the others get a move on soon
fl.gif
yes because im waiting patiently
smile.png

End of day 21: 4 chicks hatched successfully out of 7. The other 3 have no signs of hatching yet! But of course going to give them a couple days. I cant wait to hatch another clutch. Only did 11 this time being my first time, and am looking forward to filling the incubator next time around. I'd like others opinions on ordering hatching eggs and if others have had success or troubles with it. And if anyone has an opinion on good hatcheries they have delt with before! Thanks for all the support and advice! From my coop to yours :)

End of day 21: 4 chicks hatched successfully out of 7. The other 3 have no signs of hatching yet! But of course going to give them a couple days. I cant wait to hatch another clutch. Only did 11 this time being my first time, and am looking forward to filling the incubator next time around. I'd like others opinions on ordering hatching eggs and if others have had success or troubles with it. And if anyone has an opinion on good hatcheries they have delt with before! Thanks for all the support and advice! From my coop to yours :)

Congrats on your 4 chicks :woot

Have your other three made any progress yet?

Back
Top Bottom