My Flock Story -- 2023

Love it! Thought about where it will go?

I just broke a broody Wyandotte that bites! It was the first time she went broody. I like to encourage this in my flock so didn't really want to do it. I just got young birds integrated and it's so hot. Oh, well think we are done with it now.

She is so pretty and made such a WIDE pancake! :gigI'll bet she could cover and hatch a dozen!

Love it! Thought about where it will go?

I just broke a broody Wyandotte that bites! It was the first time she went broody. I like to encourage this in my flock so didn't really want to do it. I just got young birds integrated and it's so hot. Oh, well think we are done with it now.

She is so pretty and made such a WIDE pancake! :gigI'll bet she could cover and hatch a dozen!

She's sitting on top of the attached bookcase on my desk.

I'm sure my Mocha could hatch a dozen. She's a big girl as well as a determined one.

Not even 1pm yet, but 94F and feels like 108.

Both coops got heaping helpings of electrolyte mash today.
Similar here.
Screenshot_20230815-124809-895.png

Last night there was a line of strong storms headed this way. When it got close suddenly it parted and we literally got just a few sprinkles. Glad I watered despite the heat.

I put out electrolytes today too.
Be so glad when this excess heat gets out of here.
I may take out a few chilled oversized cukes later. They love the seeds!
I have a watermelon chilling in the refrigerator, am planning on cutting it up when I get home. I'm going to share ;)

Recipe for us newbies?

I have Rooster Booster, but Sav-a-Chick or any other electrolyte works.

I made a gallon for something around 40-50 birds (I haven't counted lately), and then mixed in their regular feed until it was about an oatmeal consistency and served it out in multiple dishes so that everyone could get some.

A pint would probably be a generous plenty for your bantams, maybe even just a cup.

Back
Top Bottom