My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

I sure will! I feel like I am forgetting something. I have the incubator, candler, a thermometer, scale, and another thermometer/hygrometer combo... anything I'm missing?

You have more than I do. What brands are the thermometers?
Hi everyone..on mobile can't see who's here...
frow.gif
Howdy Phil.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Awesome! I can't wait to start :) So random question maybe you or another member can answer... a friend of mine & I are having a "debate" she has ameraucana hens and her rooster is a BCM she thinks that if the eggs are fertile they'll be blue with brown specks. Doesn't the hens breed determine the color/appearance of the eggs? I would think the roosters breed has nothing to do with it... but maybe I'm wrong??? Any idea?

Awesome! I can't wait to start :) So random question maybe you or another member can answer... a friend of mine & I are having a "debate" she has ameraucana hens and her rooster is a BCM she thinks that if the eggs are fertile they'll be blue with brown specks. Doesn't the hens breed determine the color/appearance of the eggs? I would think the roosters breed has nothing to do with it... but maybe I'm wrong??? Any idea?

True AM's, or EE's?
I don't know much on chicken genetics, so I'll pass on this one.

Edit: you do mean the offspring's egg color, right? Whether the egg is fertile or not will not change it's color.

:weee :fl :fl When's your next candle Bubbles?
In 2 days and 15 hours..... Give or take a bit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom