My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

I have this image of you staring at the incubator with your head tilted just a little listing to it. I don't remember being that excited about a hatch. You should be though .you've earned the right . those little Bantams don't take long your hatching on the 19th day . I have lots of pips tonight don't know how many but lots . might even have some hatched in the morning. 8 out 3 to go not bad :clap
Get outa my attic & stop spying on me already. :plbb

Do you have any idea how long I have spent just watching temperatures, taking notes, reasearching, waiting, listening, hurrying home just to check on them, and plain old worrying? Yeah, a lot. I feel like a broody hen.
I have been on the edge of my seat for 18 days, waiting for the LG to pull a trick on me when I least expected it, so yes, I'm pretty thrilled to have live chicks in the brooder. :clap

Last edited:
I hate to sign off and leave yall hanging about the pipper, but I am about falling over... Gnight..... :frow

Morning all. Woke up to another chick hatched. :yesss:
Now the tally is up to 8 chicks.

Last edited:
Hey, hold on. The one that hatched wasn't the one that pipped last night, the EE shell is open instead. That was fast!

Last edited:
WVduckchick- here is a silkie over OEGB chick. (I think Jace's baby- too dark to tell!)

Look at those feet!!

(Edit- yup, that is Jace's kiddo. How CUTE!!!)

Last edited:
Oh double so sorry. I have read about that. Mine is a blue Ameraucana and the eggs I ordered were Lavender Ameraucana. I have 6 other chickens 1 Dominic, 1 bantum Mille d'fleur and the others are EE. They are free range and last year I lost 7 last year to a fox. But the first year we only lost 1 so I am hoping for a better year this year. We just love having them free range though.

Oh double so sorry. I have read about that. Mine is a blue Ameraucana and the eggs I ordered were Lavender Ameraucana. I have 6 other chickens 1 Dominic, 1 bantum Mille d'fleur and the others are EE. They are free range and last year I lost 7 last year to a fox. But the first year we only lost 1 so I am hoping for a better year this year. We just love having them free range though.

How cute! :love

WVduckchick- here is a silkie over OEGB chick. (I think Jace's baby- too dark to tell!)

Look at those feet!!

(Edit- yup, that is Jace's kiddo. How CUTE!!!)

highfive.gif
highfive.gif
highfive.gif

yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
I'm so happy for you! Great job!
hugs.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Oh my Gersh! I love that pic!!

Back
Top Bottom