My Hubby's fav...please say GIRL!?! ;)

TheNewMrsEvans

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Big Sur, CA
So I hatched this little banty white faced black Spanish from a group of eggs which were supposed to be all black rosecombs! Oops! The breeder had both and I guess he couldn't read his own mark on the egg...oh well...so it turned out to be my hubby's favorite...he talks to it and actually holds it...amazing...anyhoo I'm hoping it's pullet so I don't have to figure out another way to separate everyone during breeding season. I believe it is about 9 weeks old now.
DSC02116.jpg

100_1201.jpg

I am by far no expert but have had enough little ones that I am sorry I feel pretty confident in... its a BOY, Roo to the rescue the testosterone in your house is sticking together.

Quote:
I had to see this saggy clown face and let me just say, it's an apt description. Here are a couple pics for the uninitiated like myself.

Quote:

Is there a NOT-breeding season? Mine don't seem to know there's a season!

The roos really do look like Marcel Marceau's wicked chicken-ghost, don't they??

Does the breeder have any Minorcas? I don't see the abundant white skin on this young guy of yours- perhaps it's something else?

...then again, I have no experience with these, so feel free to point and laugh at my comment.

Last edited:
MrsEvans do not hurry to cull this bird yet.I think is girl.Black Spanish is Mediterenian breed and comb diferens in genders are like in Leghorns.Yours has girls comb.

Last edited:
We have a hen and roo of this breed. The hen is my son's favorite, Penguin. He says yours is a hen.

I'm going to see if I can find photos from 9 weeks.

Either way, the rooster is awesome. This breed doesn't behave like our other chickens. You're lucky to get one!

Back
Top Bottom