My IB peacocks & hen

Debbienmousey

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Washington, Georgia, USA
Just wanted to share a few pics of my peafowl from about two weeks ago. I need to go get more recent photos, though :)

Oscar on left and Stanley on right

Stanley

Oscar on right, Stanley on left

Our hen, Iris.

Here is a picture of Stanley back in June of this year. It's a blurry picture I know, but I was wondering what color he'd be considered? I know he's got an India Blue base because he looks just like Oscar, but Oscar doesn't have any white on him. This is only our second year with Peafowl (and hopefully our first breeding year) and I don't know too much about colors yet, just the basics, lol :).

Such beatiful birds !
Is that Bus yours or is it a wreck of some sort ? They could play in it ! xD
But I'm assuming maybe you work as a bus driver, or something maybe.

I'd say Stanley is a pied peacock, because he's got more white than Dark Pieds, which only got the white throat patch and white flight feathers.
But experts will comfirm that, I feel a bit shy trying to guess but I try nonetheless.
hide.gif

They are so beautiful. Stanley reminds me of my Pacha. I was told he's a pied, but I don't know anything about the different breeds or colors. I've only had my boys for about seven months. I love them. Good luck with your first year of breeding!
smile.png

DreamBird, yes the school bus is ours! It works- when it wants to LOL. My family used it as a moving truck 6 years ago when we moved to Georgia from Florida. At that time, with all the hurricanes, it was actually slightly cheaper for us to buy a used Bluebird school bus than to rent a U-haul for several days(Because everyone was wanting to leave Florida at the time, I guess. And we had A LOT of stuff to move still, even after several trips with the cars). We rarely use it now but have gone a few places in it up here :). We mostly use it for storing stuff nowadays, since we were able to sell all but 6 seats back to the guy we bought it from, and it also has undercarriage storage space :D.

Cinders, thank you! We are sooo excited! :)

Critters, thank you :). I can't believe how much they've grown (train-wise) since we've had them. The boys will be 3 years old this spring and Iris will be 2 years old. We are hoping to add more peahens soon, but so far we've had bad luck with peahens
hmm.png

I was thinking Stanley is probably a Pied India Blue also. The boys are full-blooded siblings and as far as I can remember both parents were solid India Blues. So if he's Pied, I could breed him with a Pied or White hen and get White chicks?
fl.gif
..I don't have either of those but I do love the White peafowl...

Thanks Minx! :)

So the bus is yours, haha. I'd love to have one, it's rather useful in a way.
big_smile.png

And about Stanley, is it me, or does he have a bit of white on his train feathers ?
And I think you can breed him to a pied or white bird to have white offspring, I don't know how high the percent of chance is, but I heard it could work, yes ~

Quote:
So the bus is yours, haha. I'd love to have one, it's rather useful in a way.
big_smile.png

And about Stanley, is it me, or does he have a bit of white on his train feathers ?
And I think you can breed him to a pied or white bird to have white offspring, I don't know how high the percent of chance is, but I heard it could work, yes ~

I don't think Stanley has any white on his train feathers, but I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow. The bus is a great conversation starter
lol.png

Just have to say I love the names you have given your peas.
They're beautiful birds!
Iris looks like a sweetie.

Thank you :)! All three are much more friendly than when we got them, but still won't let us touch them :\. I'm hoping their little peachicks will be more friendly with us. But they are amazing birds to watch and get to know :).

Back
Top Bottom