My journey with chickens

Little splash isbar with injured wing and or leg

OCD (obsessive chicken diva)... last year on a whim... I got 1 light brahma, 4 easter eggers, 2 crested cream leg bars, 1 golden campine, 1 buff orpington, and 1 lavender orpington. Then earlier this year the dogs got an easter egger and a legbar. So as I had already wanted to get more,I decided to order a few.... lol arriving on may 25th... 1 australorp, 2 salmon faverolles, 1 barred rock, 1 blue andalusian, 2 blue orpingtons, 1 brown leghorn 1 blue splash marans and 1 white marans. (10 more)all hens because I love the colorful egg basket. But they didn't have a couple that I wanted so I decided to order some eggs to hatch. Arriving april 27th .. 12 eggs.... 3 each of super blue egg layers, blue lace red wyandotts, rees cream legbars, and easter eggers. And 10++ croads langshans. Knowing that with shipped eggs you are lucky to get 1/2 to hatch.(and about 1/2of those will be roos.) THEN I fell in love with Isabelle leg horns so I bought 4 chicks. They arrived with 4 isbars in tow. (2 blue and 2 splash.) Prior to their arrival I stopped at TSC for feed (omg they had chicks
1f424.png
) I brought home 1 welsummer hen and a red sex link hen and 4 bantams.... unknown sex. Now I am also hatching eggs for 5 Isabelles and 7 Ayam Cemani (a black purple and green chicken) and 8 sizzle silkies and a barn yard mix of 15 eggs. OMG I will be over run. But I am hatching for friends too so some of these if they hatch have homes.
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f413.png
all this just so you all know how chicken nutty I have gone. Dont judge... just smile(or laugh) and nod its okay.....

Back
Top Bottom