My neighbor’s dog is tearing my coop apart.

It looks like I'm going to learn how to install an electric fence!

I think i already know the answer but is there any way that my hens will ever be free range again or is the dog going to kill them for the rest of her life?

my neighbors agree that an electric fence is the way to go. they are going to pay half and help me set it up ^_^. they're so nice

If you buy electric net fencing from a company named Premeir 1, they will be able to range your yard. This fencing is very effective and the customer service is great! It will be more expensive than just a few wires though.

yeah that's what i thought the answer would be. the funny think is, she never tries for my geese. i have 2 adult and 4 little yellow Chinese white geese that wander my yard and she doesn't even look at them. i've even found them in the kiddie pool together with gizmo. its just the chickens that she wants.

I have to say, I admire how you are handling this with your neighbors. A lot of people get bent out of shape over stuff like this. I think it's great that your primary concern (other than saving your chickie babies) is the young girl. Your neighbors are very lucky to have someone like you next door!

I have to say, I admire how you are handling this with your neighbors. A lot of people get bent out of shape over stuff like this. I think it's great that your primary concern (other than saving your chickie babies) is the young girl. Your neighbors are very lucky to have someone like you next door!

Thank you, I try to help them as much as i can, autism can be a challenge and the last thing they need is someone telling them that they need to turn their child's world upside down for a few chickens. I love my chickens, and i was upset, but that dog is very important to her and lets her parents (and some times me) know when shes wandered off. so if i cant find an answer to the issue i'm having its bye bye chickens.

I always introduced my chickens to my dog and never had a problem. Then again it was "MY DOG".
The dog has been here since before i moved in and I've had the chickens for a little more than a year and they are generally out in the yard during the day, we had never had a problem with it until someone dumped a bunch of dead chickens and guineas in a ditch not to far from where we live, suddenly Gizmo started chasing them and trying to get them. I built a run and they started putting gizmo in the fenced area of their yard. that was fine for a while but now shes become destructive in her efforts to kill my chickens. I blame whoever dumped their dead birds for ruining a great dog. Anyway they were introduced, However some Idiot ruined Their dog for farm life.

My daughter has autistic children in her home. I love how you are working with your neighbor!

Premeir1 carries a poultry netting that will discourage the dog. The dog, the geese and the child will learn with one zap to stay away from the fence.

Sorry to hear of all your problems, and how much you and your neighbor are trying to work things out. The sad news is that it might be "bye bye chicks" because once a dog gets the taste of raw chickens, they will not stop!

Back
Top Bottom