My new cages for our show birds!

mycutekitties

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Modesto, California
We breed and show Bantam Polish and Bantam Cochins. We wanted to build our show birds nice predator proof cages. The area they are in are regular chicken wire on the sides and wood on the bottom. The mice go right through the wire. We have an issue with mice at times (even tho we pay pest control to come out and help with this). It feels like we will go months without seeing any then I will go and check on the birds at night and see 2! YUCK

So we are building new cages with automatic watering stations. This is the watering stations we bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Station-Press...X38E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321138008&sr=8-2

The bottom floor is cement. This is when he first started:

newcages2.jpg

That red building is our regular coup.
newcages1.jpg

This is the side that is almost done. 2 cages on the top and bottom and 3 in the middle. The wire is 1/4".
a002ec60.jpg

This side will have 7 more. A door will be installed between the 2 areas.

Just more of an update 1/14/12. I know it's taking forever for this to be built but my husband works 70+ hours a week so it's hard for him to find the time. Anyway some new pics:
This is looking inside:

and these are the doors we are working on:

This was taken before the doors were done but we have installed lights on timers. The roof is also clear so that allows more light in.

happy little birds!

Last edited:
Really nice!
Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but I just thought about this thread today and wanted to see if you updated at all.

May we see more pictures of the pens?
smile.png

Ok more pics:
This is the left side. 7 cages. 2 on the top, 3 middle and 2 on the bottom. Automatic watering system installed and works great! Each cage has a nest box, feeder, watering dish and roost. I not sure if I said but these cages work for me since I raise bantams.
67f93d4e.jpg

Inside
45142868.jpg

Latches
247c3043.jpg

Clear roof for sunlight ( we will be adding lights as well)
ea36c11c.jpg

Other side in progress:
18777349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom