My Prediction

sad.png
I'm so sorry to hear about your boy, Kathy
hugs.gif
Thanks.

-Kathy

Of course I will have to do a necropsy. Are their any parts of the body that any of you would like necropsy picture of?

-Kathy

There are two more same age boys from the same pen, so they will be treated for coccidiosis, worms and blackhead.

-Kathy

Unfortunately none of us is psychic.

I had a hen who was off but I wasn't sure why. She was eating and drinking and had enough strength to roost outside the crate that holds Buckwheat and friend in the room off my garage.

I put together a run I'd bought and put her in it with food and water. After seeing another girl in the coop with her who seemed off I decided to put her in with the first but the next day the first girl was dead.

I don't do necropsys, so I don't know what was wrong. The second girl had breathing grumbles so I did put them on Duramycin, but I don't know for sure what was wrong. These two girls are both young girls and I suspect new layers.

So my point is not to feel to bad. We don't have xray vision and there are so many things that can do them in.

gig.gif
Good try! It has to be above 45* before bees can fly and we won't see those kind of temps for quite a while.
hit.gif
Fire ants? What are these fire ants you speak of?
lol.png

We come across them in January and February here... one warm afternoon and there they are. When the peach trees get suckered into blooming in February, the bees are right there with them. Then the bees go back to wherever the bees go while all the peach blossoms get frozen and blasted off the trees. PeaLover130 had multiple doctor trips for bee stings that happened in March...

We have BUSY bees
lau.gif

Oh yeah, and when you go visit Zaz & MinxFox, they can get you all up to speed on the fire ant education... even more fun than bee stings.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom