My serama breeding, and showing project!

Pebbles is wonderful. The kind of serama I am hoping for next. Green with envy.

thanks! She is a little dirty in the pic, it was super muddy and she thinks its fun to roll around in it, I will be selling her eggs and babies in the spring/summer/fall if you want some let me know in the spring!

what kind of space will they need to go into? the pens?

they need to go into breeding pens, I have one pen in with my layers because there is no rooster in there, so The serama is the only rooster in there, and I have plans for a coop that I can put two or three Trios into

So Last night I started thinking about When I am going to be hatching, and I think I am going to do two hatches, Maybe three, It depends how they sell, I am probably going to do one in may, and one in late august, I am going to be gone for much of the summer, so I will not hatch when i am not home, That wouldn't be fun. There is a show That I go to in november and they have whats called a futurity and its for birds under 6 months and you can enter a bunch of birds in just one class, so I think I will take them to that show, and sell some too!

So Last night I started thinking about When I am going to be hatching, and I think I am going to do two hatches, Maybe three, It depends how they sell, I am probably going to do one in may, and one in late august, I am going to be gone for much of the summer, so I will not hatch when i am not home, That wouldn't be fun. There is a show That I go to in november and they have whats called a futurity and its for birds under 6 months and you can enter a bunch of birds in just one class, so I think I will take them to that show, and sell some too!

Good luck with your future endeavor.

Maybe a dumb question, but why do you think the hen is sterile? Because she has not laid eggs? How old?

I wasn't told how old she was, it is Annabeth, she has not layed an egg, If I had to guess how old she is I would say about 6-9 Months. I am going to give her until October for her to lay an egg, She still is young and none of my layers are laying, but she is about 12 oz.

I wasn't told how old she was, it is Annabeth, she has not layed an egg, If I had to guess how old she is I would say about 6-9 Months. I am going to give her until October for her to lay an egg, She still is young and none of my layers are laying, but she is about 12 oz.

I do not believe it is just her size. The hens that I am currently using are 12- ounces. I do not know what you are feeding, a large part of my hen's diet consists of layer mash and hard boiled egg crushed with the shell. And all the veggies they can eat.

The picture of Annbeth looks to be a hen that should be laying. Comb is larger and all is redder.

Back
Top Bottom