My serama breeding, and showing project!

THERMOMETERS, HYGROMETERS & CALIBRATION
Celsius to Fahrenheit (ºC to ºF) conversion calculator click HERE
Thermo/hygro suggestions post #13998
AcuRite customer support and thermo manuals post #27294
Taking SHELL TEMPS post #30771
How an Ear/Medical thermometer Works post #34345
Brinsea Incubator Thermometers click HERE
Strombergs Thermometers click HERE Hygrometers click HERE Digital Thermo/Hygros click Here
Hova-Bator GQF Incubator Thermometer / Hygrometer (Wet Bulb) 3018 post #32892
HEAT SINKS/ Stones/Pebbles ADD THEM TO STYRO! post #43903

I organized our list of notes from the thread... did you get the tag I did for you and shah in the incu thread? where to find eggs?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

4 serama out during my snooze, other three are DIS like I said, I killed them I am sure having them in lockdown 6 plus days not good :oops:
1f60d.png

Well I have been worried because I haven't seen any eggs in the nesting box for about 4 weeks, so I went around Looking in all the cracks and corners of the coop, And I looked behind the nesting box (its a cat litter box that I filled with shavings) and there where 6 eggs back there, I looked at the culpret(Pebbles) and I swear she shrugged and then continued eating. these seramas are so full of personality! I love it!

Well I have been worried because I haven't seen any eggs in the nesting box for about 4 weeks, so I went around Looking in all the cracks and corners of the coop, And I looked behind the nesting box (its a cat litter box that I filled with shavings) and there where 6 eggs back there, I looked at the culpret(Pebbles) and I swear she shrugged and then continued eating. these seramas are so full of personality! I love it!

Yes. They are different. Weird, I found a nest with two eggs behind a nest box too. And Frizzy has started a new nest; first egg was laid yesterday. She is still clucking and actively taking care of 6 week old chicks. Pearl will be hatching again in under two weeks and her last chicks are just seven weeks old. Serama, so very different than other chickens.

YEAH Pebbles!

Yes. They are different. Weird, I found a nest with two eggs behind a nest box too. And Frizzy has started a new nest; first egg was laid yesterday. She is still clucking and actively taking care of 6 week old chicks. Pearl will be hatching again in under two weeks and her last chicks are just seven weeks old. Serama, so very different than other chickens.

YEAH Pebbles!

I Candled them to make sure that she hadn't been sitting on them, And she hadn't, So I took them inside

I Candled them to make sure that she hadn't been sitting on them, And she hadn't, So I took them inside

I collected mine too, but replaced them with dummy eggs so the hen goes broody; and she will go broody. I just don't want her brooding her own eggs-those we will eat. I'm hoping to have eggs shipped soon and this hen is a great brooder and mother. Not a good example of serama.

Back
Top Bottom