My serama breeding, and showing project!

Fingers crossed-Good luck!

Thanks so much! I'm so exited to have some chicks! There is at least one egg that is from a silkied hen and and a silkied rooster so I really really hope it hatches! I'm also kinda hoping it's a silkied cockerel, lol! I would love to have a silkied pen!

OK, Update on Annabeth, She is doing great as a mom! I Just separated her today because the other hens had to lay in THAT box, And for some reason Annabeth would rather sit on the LF eggs instead of the serama eggs, she would kick off the eggs, I candled the ones she keeps kicking out, and they where all alive and moving, So she is living in one of the chick brooders, She may stay there until her babies are big enough to live outside. I get to do my day 7 Candle tonight, so I will post the results of that!

ok guys, Just did the day 7 candle, Great Fertility on @shahtir101 eggs... I had one egg from mine, Not fertile... and has a rolling air cell, Has anyone had that happen, It was less than two days old when she started sitting, Weird. so Here are the results on candling....

Out of Nine eggs, 6 are absolutely fertile and alive, And two maybes! And the silkied egg is Developing too! Broodys are MUCH better than Incubators!

ok guys, Just did the day 7 candle, Great Fertility on @shahtir101
 eggs... I had one egg from mine, Not fertile... and has a rolling air cell, Has anyone had that happen, It was less than two days old when she started sitting, Weird. so Here are the results on candling.... 

Out of Nine eggs, 6 are absolutely fertile and alive, And two maybes! And the silkied egg is Developing too! Broodys are MUCH better than Incubators!

Yay! Congrats! It might just be a fluke thing...I hope the silkied one hatches!

ok guys, Just did the day 7 candle, Great Fertility on @shahtir101
 eggs... I had one egg from mine, Not fertile... and has a rolling air cell, Has anyone had that happen, It was less than two days old when she started sitting, Weird. so Here are the results on candling.... 

Out of Nine eggs, 6 are absolutely fertile and alive, And two maybes! And the silkied egg is Developing too! Broodys are MUCH better than Incubators! They sure are! May your luck continue. Yes to the rolling air cell. Caused by a sudden jolt. Did not hatch-did not even start developing.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I'm so exited to have some chicks! There is at least one egg that is from a silkied hen and and a silkied rooster so I really really hope it hatches! I'm also kinda hoping it's a silkied cockerel, lol! Good luck! I wished the same thing with my frizzle chick and, yeah, it is a rooster-a beautiful rooster, who is perched on my leg as I type. It never seizes to amaze me how quickly serama tame. I would love to have a silkied pen!

Yay! Congrats! It might just be a fluke thing...I hope the silkied one hatches!
Yep, I really hope it hatched too! Although I don't think it will, She keeps kicking it out, I can't quite see into it when I candle.

Hi everyone, there are some pretty birds here
But one question how big should the nestboxes be??

Thankyou
Mine are in nesting boxes the same I use for my large hens, I use what i can find around the house, one of my boxes is an old cat litter box! Thanks, I like them!

I have plans for two new coops, If I like one of them I will be making one more probably in the future, I would love to have a strait feathered pen, a silkied pen, and a frizzle pen, Then maybe a Project pen, Then a grow out pen.... I don't have enough property for that though!

Would 8x8 be big enough for class b seramas or two small, I'm wondering because I'm designing a coop for when I convince my parents

It depends. How many seramas, are you getting a rooster, Is a run Going to be included in the design?

Back
Top Bottom