Naked Neck/Turken Thread

IMG_0037.JPG
Since we're at it, thought I'd share some more current pics of the chicks I brought home to AZ from Cynthia in April. And some have surprised me a bit. Like this girl:
View attachment 1064433 View attachment 1064434

This top pullet is beautiful. If you got her from Cynthia then she's probably from my flock. That color I'm guessing came from the above rooster. Can't be positive of the mana though because there were like 6 hens of all different colors in with him. Could have been the Red one though to get that buffish color.

View attachment 1064711

This top pullet is beautiful. If you got her from Cynthia then she's probably from my flock. That color I'm guessing came from the above rooster. Can't be positive of the mana though because there were like 6 hens of all different colors in with him. Could have been the Red one though to get that buffish color.

Oh, he's good looking! Ya, I love her, she's got that pale blue underlayer that contrasts with the buff colors very nicely.
The last cockerel with the wheaten colors on the back also seems to be more of a dark dark blue/grey than black, you just can't tell in the picture. It's looks like he might turn into a blue/wheaten or blue/copper. Can't wait to see what they look like after their next molts!

View attachment 1064711

Are you saying this one looks like a girl? I did hatch this from you, this last bunch. I love her!
20170630_174658-jpg.1062886

I think I am seeing saddle feathers. :hit
20170704_082911.jpg

Pretty sure this is a girl. My NN..naked neck all the way. My husband says, looks like a vulture. Yep. :D
20170704_083121.jpg

I love this girl. Fully feathered, that feathering is beautiful.
20170704_082601.jpg
20170704_082635.jpg
20170704_082657.jpg

And this little one looks like a boy already. Has a pretty white patch going on around the chest.
20170704_083047.jpg
20170704_083048.jpg

This white one had a stick em up feather, I thought it was just out of place for a day, but now there are two?? Thinking boy.
20170704_083029.jpg

All of these are from your last hatch.

In your quote above...If you were talking about the more buff girl...the older one, she came from Desert..I remember her clear from when she hatched..kept my eye on that one the whole time, crossing my fingers that it was a girl..just like I am for this younger one of yours that is more orange and white..love them.

Phill...That little cochin? I will have to get more photos of her. I have been wanting a splash for a long time. I only had a few hatch this last time, but there she was..and, I have a real pretty birchen girl in with her. That's their feathers all over, getting close to laying.

Phill...That little cochin? I will have to get more photos of her. I have been wanting a splash for a long time. I only had a few hatch this last time, but there she was..and, I have a real pretty birchen girl in with her. That's their feathers all over, getting close to laying.
Splash is my number one favourite color, especially in fluffy birds like she is!

Back
Top Bottom