Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Oh, I am so happy to have found this thread!!!! I do have a question though.... where are good places to get cold hardy NNs? (I'm sure this has been answered.... but 447 pages is a lot to read through)

Oh, I am so happy to have found this thread!!!! I do have a question though.... where are good places to get cold hardy NNs? (I'm sure this has been answered.... but 447 pages is a lot to read through)

Welcome to us naked people.
Just about any Naked Neck is cold hardy and heat resistant. It all depends on the individual bird. Most if mine came from auctions but I've purchased from Cackle Hatchery and have gotten good birds. Murray McMurray has some good birds, I've also gotten done from them. I usually go with Cackle because if cheaper shipping charges.

OMG ! I am soo happy I found this thread. I thought Naked Necks were unpopular in the US. Here in Spain they are very popular with the older country folk. They seem to like my roo, especially and twice I have been asked for fertile eggs. I love my Naked Necks ! I have a hen sitting on 6 eggs. They are due to hatch on the 19th July. Wish me luck !

OMG ! I am soo happy I found this thread. I thought Naked Necks were unpopular in the US. Here in Spain they are very popular with the older country folk. They seem to like my roo, especially and twice I have been asked for fertile eggs. I love my Naked Necks ! I have a hen sitting on 6 eggs. They are due to hatch on the 19th July. Wish me luck !
welcome-byc.gif
And to the NN thread! The Naked Neck is not especially popular in the US but is growing in status almost every day.

Little Serama Nn cockerel.

I'm not crazy about small chickens ...especially NNs but I'd take that cutie off your hands. Would never use him in our breeding program but we'd have a lot of fun watching him strut around! Good on you and him!!!

P.S. If there was a way to keep them looking like he does in the first pic, they'd be worth a million bucks each.!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom