Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Polish x NN cross
6712009.jpg

Is this one's name Groucho? :lol: What a cutie!

DDD really like the polish X naked neck pics.Always like to see your pics of your birds. I filled my incubator today with naked neck X polish,naked neck X blue cuckoo olive egger,and a few eggs from my black naked neck hen hopefully they were fertilized by my white polish.

Day 21 for this weeks hatch started at 8: am this morning. Woke up to see these right at the hatcher window (and I did NOT do a good job cleaning window):

6912004.jpg

Unfortunately, hatcher humidity dropped overnight to 52%. Got it back up quick and hope it didn't dink up the rest of this bunch.

Oooo, those sound nice, GeorgiaBoy! Good luck!
I moved a blue barred NN green-egger guy in with 2 blue barred green-egger hens. Only half the chicks will be NN, but they'll be nice big birds.

Day 21 for this weeks hatch started at 8: am this morning. Woke up to see these right at the hatcher window (and I did NOT do a good job cleaning window):
6912004.jpg

Unfortunately, hatcher humidity dropped overnight to 52%. Got it back up quick and hope it didn't dink up the rest of this bunch.
Oooo, those sound nice, GeorgiaBoy! Good luck!
I moved a blue barred NN green-egger guy in with 2 blue barred green-egger hens. Only half the chicks will be NN, but they'll be nice big birds.
They are adorable! How did the rest of your hatch go?

I hate this editor. I lose so many messages because I bump the mouse and it leaves the page. So let me try again.

I have 6 nest pads that have been in continuous use for 3 years now, and will last probably as many years. I put shredded paper in the coops and nest boxes, I shred much of it myself, but I also get it from my DIL and off Freecycle., Some flocksters complain that it sticks to the eggs, but it comes right off. I prefer it to wood chips as it decomposes more quickly, wood shavings can take a good six months, even with the chickens working the compost piles (I rarely have to turn the piles anymore, just rake them back into piles once a week and hose them down. I eventually move the half done compost to one of the 4 bins with a lid to finish, but I let the girls do the hard work first.

Back
Top Bottom