Naked Neck/Turken Thread

The Brecon Show ,or Brecknock County Show, is the oldest in the British Isles and is in August....the winners of the Unusual category last year were Naked Neck.

They even have Ugliest....so I am thinking of entering Gordon who is a bit of a showman in any case into this category.....thank you for reminding me, I'll contact them for an entry form.

As you can probably guess this show is not desperately serious, but is a good place to meet up with other enthusiasts.

I always go to the show as they have a wide variety of poultry on show as well as sheep, cows, horses etc.

Unlike the 'cut throat' shows for "Best LF Brahma' etc, they have lots of fun categories to attract the local breeders.

I went out and got some new pictures of our teenage flock. They are 13 weeks old now.

Shaved Neck (yes my kids named it!) basking in the sun.

Trying to get a good picture of Shaved Neck. She kept preening so I couldn't get a good picture of her. This is the best I could get. She is getting brown/gold leakage in her head feathers and in her bowtie. The rest of her still seems solid black so far.

hello nn lovers,
I have several boys over here if someone is interested in them.
one is a blrnn
two blue one has some red on it
splash
see the head of the splash in the second picture,

im in ramona ,ca

Last edited:
The NN's I took home today.

These are NN x houdan they will grow some cool top knots.

These next ones are pol pullets NN x (spitz.... or haub......I don't remember)

Sorry for the pic overload, I couldn't help myself.

The NN's I took home today.

These are NN x houdan they will grow some cool top knots.

These next ones are pol pullets NN x (spitz.... or haub......I don't remember)

Sorry for the pic overload, I couldn't help myself.

Don't some of them remind you of the Beetles (or is it Beatles)? I think you DiD find some different birds! I like them
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Yes the two girls do look like the Beatles, I was thinking the 60's women w/ the Beehive hairdo's. I think the little naked hooda's look like the Jewish men w/ the hair curls and beards that wear all black. either that or Abe Lincoln. lol

Question: Are my NN's the only ones with funny feet? All of mine have an extra toe. lol I haven't seen this in any pictures on here.
idunno.gif
I Googled it and found that some showbird NN's have the five toes. So weird!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom