Mine are:

RIR: Rose-fav book by Stephen King
RIR: Tawonda-from Fried Green Tomatoes
BO: Nemo-she has a deformed wing
BO: Lola-cause she was a show girl
lol.png

EE: Thelma
EE: Louise

I have tow brahmas that I have named Dolly and Zaazaa.
They sure are full figured girls. My austrol. are Ebony and Midnight, The Buff is called Loverly, the golden comet is called simply Goldy.
Mine are having a time right now with a ? chicken cold . All except the brahmas their beautiful. Jean

We have 6 chicks - my 3 year old named the buff cochin Butter, 2 golden wyandottes are Buffy and Speckles....
we also have 3 barred rocks that we haven't named yet.... the problem is they are exactly alike - I keep studying them to find any differences but so far, not seeing any way to tell them apart... any suggestions??

Last edited:
We like mythology (all cultures!) in our house, so we've got Ceri (Ceridwen), Cate (Hecate) and Seph (Persephone). Of course the joke's on us, since they're not black anymore! And who knows, they may wind up being Kip (Dutch for chicken), Cato and Seth!
roll.png

Hi, I am a newbie,
first post.
My older (11 week old) chicks are:
Gold Laced Wyandottes named Tofu, Hannah and Gertie
Easter Eggers named Petunia, ( she was a pecking little pill when tiny and now the sweetest thing, Petunia was a bit of an insult name because she was annoying...) Pebbles, Little Emma, Ozma and Dorothy
My babies ( 5 weeks old) are a red silkie named Rosy and a partridge SIlkie name Roxanne ( neighbor rock and roller named her after Stings Roxanne) so Roxy and Rosie...

Grandma names prevail and there were a bunch of food names tossed at us by friends so Tofu was a response to that ( we don't eat meat)

The chickens are such a joy! I had no idea how much I would love them! Can't wait for eggs.

love.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
I have a SLW named Speckles, an EE named Sandy, 2 BA's named Molly and Holly, 1 named Narcissa, 5 named Lucy, Lulu, Lizzie, Lucky and Lacey, 2 RIRs named Padma and Pavarti, a NHR named Maggie.

My chicks are New Hampshire Reds and they are called Feathers and Eggie.
smile.png
You could name them after your friends. I was going to call them Lottie and Ellie but decided to use something different.

Back
Top Bottom