Naturally Worming Chickens

Well I just tried it. I made some 'goop' for my chickens and added a palmful of red pepper flakes (all I had at the moment). If it is a good preventive I'm all for it. Since it is natural I'm assuming too much couldn't hurt them?
hu.gif
I'll just keep my eyes open for any worms (not sure what they even look like). I have not seen anything of the likes since I've had my flock April of last year. Then again, they had a lot of pumpkins seeds too. I just hope that it really works!

I use black walnut hull on all my pets works great use it myself few times a year

Question on the pepper dose it make the eggs taste different?

I would like to try it it is packed full of good stuff for health!

I have used chopped up pumpkin seeds but they are hard to find. I end up having to go to a health food store and that's too far out of my way.

I prefer to use raw grated garlic mixed in with cooled cooked grits.
I don't cook the garlic. It works better raw.
Or garlic mashed potatoes.
I also use this if they seem a little under the weather.

They love it.

I stand out there flinging spoonfuls of grits all over the yard and watch them scramble for it.

Last edited:
I get the powder at the health food store and mix a table spoon in a van of cream corn. I think that chickens will eat anything that dose not eat them first LOL
I have used it for years on all my animals when we got the chickens at the rehab started giving it to them and when I get my own criminals at home I will be giving it to them to

Back
Top Bottom