Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Hi! BYC member here, permanent home in Florida but moved to Kearney, NE this summer to take a field job. Staying in an old farmhouse with an old chicken coop (score!) And got permission to keep a dual purpose flock.Anybody nearby looking to sell some point of lay hens and/or a rooster? Also I normally feed my flock back home countryside (soy free feed), is that easy to find in this area? Thanks!

Hi! BYC member here, permanent home in Florida but moved to Kearney, NE this summer to take a field job. Staying in an old farmhouse with an old chicken coop (score!) And got permission to keep a dual purpose flock.Anybody nearby looking to sell some point of lay hens and/or a rooster? Also I normally feed my flock back home countryside (soy free feed), is that easy to find in this area? Thanks!
Hi,
The only feed I can find non GMO is from Azure Standard, azurestandard.com .
If you go to there site put the word feed in the search box.
I tried everywhere close to NE for organic and non GMO and found nothing, this is Monsanto country here in Nebraska.
You are so lucky to have hens and roosters. Here in the city is restrictive.
But Black Sheep Farms, http://www.localharvest.org/search.jsp?map=1&lat=41.260654&lon=-95.93434&scale=10&nm=&zip=68102 has a tutorial they give on the weekends to people who want to have chickens in the city.

Thanks for the info! Technically, I'm six miles east outside of Kearney and about a mile south, the address is actually Gibbon, but we're right off the Minden exit. Go figure :)

If anyone is looking for FBCM in the eastern part of the state, shoot me a message. I'm over run with the little fuzzy footed white butts and still have eggs hatching.

Most are a bit over a week old and have all learned to ski in thier food dish at the same time.

If anyone is looking for FBCM in the eastern part of the state, shoot me a message. I'm over run with the little fuzzy footed white butts and still have eggs hatching.

Most are a bit over a week old and have all learned to ski in thier food dish at the same time.
Hi,
What are FBCM's ?
Thanks.

French black copper marans. Big heavy bird, nice dark eggs.
Do you ever show? I also raise the BCMs and am always looking for competition at the show in November in Lincoln.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom