Need everyone's help for sick child and her parents--long

Agilityscots

Songster
12 Years
Jun 9, 2007
Central Ohio
Hi everybody!

I need to enlist your help. I'll try to make this as succinct as possible.

My sister has an 8-year old stepdaughter with Ewing's sarcoma, a rare form of childhood cancer. This child is her husband's, the result of a misguided teen romance, born when he was 18. Alexa is a brilliant and sweet little girl, and has been undergoing chemo and radiation for the past 4 months or so; she still have several months of treatment ahead of her. My sister and her husband (who is an officer in the USAF) got a humanitarian reassignment to Dayton, Ohio so that they could be close to Alexa during treatment. Aside from cancer, Alexa's greatest misfortune is that she happens to have a raving lunatic for a mother.

Alexa's mother has made my sister and brother-in-law's lives a living hell. She is furious that my sister and her husband have returned to be there for Alexa's treatment and focuses ALL her energy on being as destructive and chaotic as possible. She renegs on visitations after they arrive to pick Alexa up, texts my sister twenty times a day with threats and insults, openly encourages Alexa to dislike her father and tells her he's crazy, tells Alexa frequently that she doesn't have to use her father's last name, and has had such frequent out-of-control blow-ups at the hospital that they've banned both sets of parents from being in the hospital room at the same time. Alexa's mother has overrun my sister and her husband's lives. They can't get any peace. I believe, without a doubt, that this woman is mentally ill, most likely with Borderline Personality Disorder.

The latest? Last night, either Alexa's mother or maternal grandmother hacked into the website my sister created to keep family updated on Alexa's progress. They deleted all journal and guestbook entries that either showed the mother in an unfavorable light, or guestbook entries that expressed support for my sister and her husband in their struggle to be a part of Alexa's life. They only left journal and guestbook entries that didn't contain anything negative about Alexa's mother.

Now, my sister is no dummy. She's kept everything on the site above-board and only states facts in regards to the constant custody and visitation battles that take place. She never, ever insults Alexa's mother; she's way too smart to put her real feelings in print. The website's parent company restored the site to its original form earlier this afternoon.

Here's my request, going out to all my chicken friends: would you visit Alexa's website and sign the guestbook, in a gesture of support for both Alexa and for her dad and stepmom? My sister and her husband are so beaten down and exhausted from all of this, so I'm rallying friends to show that, sometimes, the good guys can win. I've had many of my friends sign the guestbook in the past, even those who don't know Alexa or my sister, and it always means a lot to them that somewhere, someone is thinking of them.

To visit, go to: www.caringbridge.com and then type in AlexaRose

Thank you in advance!

Amy

Done. What a beautiful smile!!! You ALL are in my thoughts and prayers.
smile.png

Thank you both!! I know it will make my sister smile; the Caringbridge site has become a place of support not just for Alexa, but for my sister and her husband too. They gave up a lot to come back home, and it's been a struggle every day. Thank you so much!
hugs.gif

Amy

I know how important Caringbridge was to my sister and her husband. They will be in my prayers. She looks like a strong little girl, and with a very supporting family. How wonderful of you to reach out like this!

Thank you, everyone! I see that many of my chicken friends have already gone to the site and signed for Alexa, Christi and Joe. You are all wonderful people to take a few minutes to help my family and I truly appreciate it.

You're also welcome to share chicken stories...Alexa LOVES animals of all kinds, and she is fascinated by my chicken tales.
tongue.png
Many of my dog friends have shared funny dog stories with her, even though they've never met her. Christi says the animal posts are her favorites.

Amy

Please keep us posted on her progress. I have a feeling there are a lot of
tear filled eyes in this caring community we have here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Alexa, her parents, and all her family.

Just left a message. What a beautiful, full of life little girl. My prayer will be that their hearts' burdens are lifted and get out of life all they can get no matter how long that may be. None of us know that for sure, now do we?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom