Need everyone's help for sick child and her parents--long

I posted a message. I am a childhood cancer survivor (Rhabdomyosarcoma at age 16). They originally thought I had Ewings Sarcoma. That is a rough one.

I hope all the family drama settles down and she gets some peace to beat the "Big C."

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone. Your support means more than you can ever know! My sister emailed me tonight and asked, "Who are all these people and where are they coming from?" I just told her it was all those wonderful chicken people from that site I tell her I'm always on.
big_smile.png

You're all the best. The very best.

Amy

All our best to Alexa and your sister and her husband. My son also has a caringbridge site and they are truly a wonderful way to keep everyone informed on how your loved ones are doing. Sadly there is always someone that writes terrible things in guestbooks and makes negative remarks. I have seen too many sites having to be closed because of this. Has your sister contacted the administrators about what happened?? There are ways of making it harder for unwanted people to get onto the site, special passwords that can be created etc. It's a shame that someone would do such a terrible thing. A friend of mine had to close her grandson's site and reopen it under a different name just to keep these terrible people from putting awful comments in the guestbook. Hopefully you will no more problems with the site. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Trish, www.caringbridge.org/visit/rhysboyd

Hi, Posted a message for Alexa. She is a beautiful little girl. My heart goes out to her. God bless you for being a loving support for your sister. Wishing you and your family the best.

Take care, Steph

Quote:
Trish, that is truly awful! I have to say that I thought my sister's situation was pretty unique, but sadly, it must not be. I will visit the site you listed and read Rhys's story.

The worst thing is that family crises do not always bring out the best in people; they often bring out the worst. My sister is afraid that Alexa's mother's next step is to get the Caringbridge site closed down; the mother has threatened this many times before, because she's furious that she can't control the content on the site (unless, of course, she hacks into it as she did yesterday). My sister did change her password yesterday and she did talk to Caringbridge. I guess it's just a matter of wait and see. They can no longer contact the hospital because the conflict is so bad now, with Alexa's mother calling security and asking people to be removed from the hospital if someone looks at her the wrong way or says something she doesn't like. The hospital has had it with them. She's nuts.

Amy

Amy,

First of all, what a beautiful niece you have. Alexa will beat that ugly disease, she has so much support and love that Cancer doesn't stand a chance.

I signed Alexa's guest book, as I hope many other chicken friends will, in support of ALEXA. For no other reason than that, don't fuel the negativity that is brewing on the maternal side. I know it's hard not to, but try harder not to.

My mother always said "if you must feel hatred toward someone, kill them with kindness." If we all post loving messages, there will be no room for the negative comments at all.

Praying for Alexa,
Dana

I signed and what a beautiful child. What a shame it is that she has to fight not one battle but two. Does this family expect that a CHILD can carry this burden without any long term reprocusions? Get real!!!!! Gonna stop now before I really get on a tangent. :thun Best wishes to all of you.

Amy I wish you, Alexa and the family members the best of luck!! I know first hand how hard it is to be cooped up in a hospital all day long!

I know this is not what is on most peoples minds when it happens. You need to look out for your Sisters, BIL and Alexas future. You can help do that by being a good witness and getting PROOF of things done.
Talk to your Sister have her record all of the texts she receives, dates times and phone number called from. (They might be useful in court someday, ok they might swing the balance someday in court!) Remember threats are illegal in America, sadly insults and disrespect aren't. Hacking a website and destroying/defacing it is also a prosecutable offense. It's sad that her bloodmother is a nutjob. If she ever assaults you or anyone PRESS CHARGES. You need to get the paperwork going on it. It sounds like it will be a long battle in the future.

It's just so sad that a little girl is stuck in the middle of it all, while she is being attacked by Cancer only adds to the misery
sad.png

If I were you ignore the Mother as best you can. Try not to let your Sister or Brother In Law get into it with her either. You will be doing them a favor in the future.

Bubba

Back
Top Bottom