Need help. Barred rock hen X welsummer rooster

The results were exactly as expected. The males had a white spot and at 10 weeks are growing out like barred rock roosters and the females were pitch black without the head spot and at 10 weeks are showing plenty of golden leakage around the neck!
Excellent, congratulations! :woot

Thanks for the update..

Also please note that this hen *may* be known as "Dominant Copper" (usual cross for that hybrid name is BCM over BR giving black sex linked chocolate layers).. and will get her egg color from her sire! Very much the same as Welbar.. despite being a first generation cross.. (and also in my experience with Marans sires over lighter layers, laying offspring).

I hope you will think about tagging me (using @EggSighted4Life ) when you find out for the updated result on that end also.

Exciting possibilities! :wee

Excellent, congratulations! :woot

Thanks for the update..

Also please note that this hen *may* be known as "Dominant Copper" (usual cross for that hybrid name is BCM over BR giving black sex linked chocolate layers).. and will get her egg color from her sire! Very much the same as Welbar.. despite being a first generation cross.. (and also in my experience with Marans sires over lighter layers, laying offspring).

I hope you will think about tagging me (using @EggSighted4Life ) when you find out for the updated result on that end also.

Exciting possibilities! :wee
I just saw this post because yet another spring is here and I’m looking to breed more sex links!

@EggSighted4Life let me know what you think about this thread I just posted
. I’d love to get a sex link bird from our new BCM roo X black sex linked that we got from this thread hatch. Here is the new thread in question!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/will-any-of-these-breed-sex-linked.1614949/

Back
Top Bottom