Need help! Color ID

Lavender could be 2 x DSV and Lite Lavender could be1 or no DSV. It was my understanding that Porcelain had both blue and buff genes but the more I deal with guineas the less I believe what has previously been reported as guinea color genetics.
LOL it seems I'll spend years and years trying to figure out how does genetics in guineas work. Its fun anyways, and having big and super colorful batches like this one keep me going!

The black one is an OEG who keeps escaping his box and visiting the keets!!!

I would love to my guineas have hidden the new mutation: Black!!!!

I noticed the pied RP, also, could you please indicate whick keets look Chocolate to you?
So I can keep track of them and see if they grow up to be real Chocolates and then I may be able to ID them as day old keets in the future.

Final question, as they mature, will I be able to recognize Coral blues from Lite Coral blues?

LOL it seems I'll spend years and years trying to figure out how does genetics in guineas work. Its fun anyways, and having big and super colorful batches like this one keep me going!

The black one is an OEG who keeps escaping his box and visiting the keets!!!

I would love to my guineas have hidden the new mutation: Black!!!!

I noticed the pied RP, also, could you please indicate whick keets look Chocolate to you?
So I can keep track of them and see if they grow up to be real Chocolates and then I may be able to ID them as day old keets in the future.

Final question, as they mature, will I be able to recognize Coral blues from Lite Coral blues?
Guinea_Keets_01-31-2019-001.jpg
The two that are circled look like they may be Chocolate. It may be my eyes but they look a little lighter than the Royal Purple keets.

Lite Blue Guinea
full

They are slightly lighter color than Coral Blues and have far fewer dotting than a Coral Blue.

Hello!

Yesterday I traded a couple RP for a Porcelain, it was late afternoon with little light, but today magic happened!

I’m guessing that it is a Buff Dundotte, let me know your thoughts.

CAE7D2CA-2BF5-462E-8B9B-9F12ECBCC752.jpeg
8850B501-83C5-4076-8CF5-13EFAB89CB16.jpeg
C9858985-249B-400A-AF0B-B3578A418367.jpeg

It seems if you wish it hard then you may get what you wanted!

Bob, any comments on the light one I posted pics of? Its supposed to be a porcelain.
I have never had a porcelain so cannot say for sure. It seems to have too much blue to be a Buff Dundotte which aren't to have any blue. I find the middle ages to be real difficult to really know what color they will be. There were good guides for what colors keets will develop into and good guides for what the adult colors look like. The in between stages are very poorly documented.

It is going to be pretty no matter what it is.

I have never had a porcelain so cannot say for sure. It seems to have too much blue to be a Buff Dundotte which aren't to have any blue. I find the middle ages to be real difficult to really know what color they will be. There were good guides for what colors keets will develop into and good guides for what the adult colors look like. The in between stages are very poorly documented.

It is going to be pretty no matter what it is.
Thanks!!! I’ll be taking more photos as they mature! And posting them so we can debate which color they are.

Adult guineas, how early may start laying in the season??

I let them roam in the garden every afternoon and feed them game bird feed.

Thanks!!! I’ll be taking more photos as they mature! And posting them so we can debate which color they are.

Adult guineas, how early may start laying in the season??

I let them roam in the garden every afternoon and feed them game bird feed.
All of my guinea hens have started laying during the following year after the spring breeding season no matter what there age is. They are physically mature at 6 months. People that live in zones that are more temperate in climate have had young of the year guinea hens briefly lay in November or December in the northern hemisphere before stopping and then starting again the next spring.

All of my guinea hens have started laying during the following year after the spring breeding season no matter what there age is. They are physically mature at 6 months. People that live in zones that are more temperate in climate have had young of the year guinea hens briefly lay in November or December in the northern hemisphere before stopping and then starting again the next spring.
Great! I just asked because the adults I have now they were hatched y very late summer and started laying in very late spring, 20 days before summer day ( at exactly 8 months of age).
I was wondering that now they are adults they might start laying a little earlier like early to mid spring? Or they lay when it is already hot cilmate.
Also here last spring was slow to come regarding temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom