Need help with Brinsea octagon 20 eco

cluckers&quackers

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Vermont
Okay, after asking advice on here I decided to go with the brinsea bator. Currently the only thermometer I have in it is the one that came in it. On that thermometer it is currently holding steady at 99.5 My question is: Is the incubator supposed to stop running and come back on as needed to maintain the temp, or does it always stay running?

The red light is flashing, and the temp is staying steady, but it always sounds like it is running. Is it supposed to run all the time, or go on and off in the same way a furnace does based on the temp?

Ok, thanks so much!! I was getting worried thinking it wasnt working right!!
big_smile.png

The only other thermometer I have right now is an acu rite 2 piece. It has the small piece that goes outdoors to read the temp and humidity, and the large piece that you keep inside shows the temp for in the house and the temp for what the little piece is reading outside. It reads the same as what my outdoor thermometer was reading, so thought about putting it in the bator to see what it says.

Thanks so much for the help:D I thought it would go on and off, and didn't realize the fan would run all the time, I was starting to panic thinking it wasn't working right:eek:

Back
Top Bottom