Need help with identifying new chicks

Here are updated photos of the chicks. Just posting so if anyone else has EE chicks and is following along.

Chick #1 (Midna- named by my gamer boys)
2 weeks
19 days

4 weeks, this is the only one I truly believe is a pullet.

Chick #2 (Big Boy- because I'm 99% certain he's a cockerel and he's bigger)

2 weeks
19 days
4 weeks old- he has 3 rows of peas and the fattest comb

Chick #3- (Gandalf) The lightest blue chick- I think it's also a cockerel. Very light feathers coming in at top of wings/back.

2 weeks
19 days
4 weeks, beak is darkening up, can't tell how many rows of peas, but it's pinking up.

Chick #4 (Smudge)- Not sure on sex, know I need to wait at least 4 more weeks, but the comb is pinking up.

2 weeks, more chocolate colored than chick#5
19 days, love the feather color developing
4 weeks, I really hope this is a pullet, because the coloring is beautiful. But, the comb is a bit pink. Hard to tell how many rows of peas at this point.

Chick #5 (Turkey)- I'm fairly certain this one is a cockerel, think I see 3 rows of peas. I know that chick behavior doesn't determine cockerel, but Chick #2, #3, and #5 are always having chest-bumping, hackle-raising, staring contests.

2 weeks, more brown/reddish based.
19 days
4 weeks

Turkey's comb, I can't wait to see this bird feathered out.

Chick #6 (Tikka)- still holding out hope that this is a pullet.

Buff chick, 2 weeks, the feathers aren't completely buff, I see black when she stretches.
19 days, wins prize for looking most like a buzzard.
4 weeks. This photo doesn't show it, but black is coming in for the hackle feathers and a few tail feathers. I really hope this is a pullet!!! Larger one of the chicks, but hopefully its due to the cross and not because it's a cockerel.

Chick #7 (Sandy-my favorite) Holding out hope for Sandy to be a pullet, but have my doubts.

2 weeks
19 days, wasn't expecting this coloring.
4 weeks, photos a bit underexposed.
Sandy, 4 weeks

That's all, just a follow-along to see how my chicks develop. Thanks for looking!

Here are 5 week old collages of each baby. If anyone has any ideas on sex, feel free to chime in.

Big Boy 5 weeks

Gandalf 5 weeks

Midna 5 weeks, still only one I'm convinced is a pullet.

Sandy 5 weeks

Smudge 5 weeks

Tikka 5 weeks, comb is not pink, but this chick is as big as "Big Boy".

Turkey 5 weeks. Still can't wait to see this chick fully feathered.

agree with Junebuggena - I LOVE Gandalf
Thanks! I think Gandalf is beautiful! Here's an updated photo of him/her (really hoping I'm wrong). 6 1/2 weeks in the photo.

The last picture shows Gandalf and Turkey side by side. It's really strange that these two are patterned almost exactly alike. Turkey looks like a darker blue base with cream/red leakage pattern while Gandalf is light blue with silver lacing. The feathers on Gandalf's head are almost "flowing". He'll have the most muff of all the babies. I'm deluding myself that it could still be a girl, correct?

Here are updated photos of Smudge. My brain keeps screaming this should be pullet coloring, but the pink comb screams, "You're a fool!".It is a single row, but many of the possible mothers had single combs.

Back
Top Bottom