Need prayers for my birds lost in mail system 3+ days~ UPDATE! 88 hours in, they're here, ALIVE!!!

No way a full refund will replace the loss of these valuable hens (both monetarily and genetically priceless)! I am so sorry, and honestly teared up at the thought of their death. I hope that they arrive alive, despite the odds.

I am glad you are going to stick a knife in the ribs of the shipping company to find out what went wrong and who was involved. Be sure to twist it around a few times, eh?

They got here this morning!!!! I'm soooooo happy!! They're beautiful!

They were very quiet and almost like statues- the PO thought they were goners.

I would be surprised if they weren't a bit in shock.

I gave them electrolyte water, baby parrot formula and apples. They took 10 minutes to get interested in the food, just standing as still as marble.

I am going to give them space and abundant treats, letting them recover in peace.

Then I'll try to go back to the PO Administration and find out what happened, because if I hadn't made so much noise I suspect the outcome would have been different. The problem needs to be fixed!

Edited to fix a double negative because I am hypercritical of my own grammar.

Last edited:
So happy for you for some good news. I was trying to stay optimistic but wasn't truly hopeful they would survive that long without nourishment. Hope they quickly recover from the trauma! Keep us posted....

wee.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
Oh and did I say
woot.gif
So Glad it worked out for you and the girls!

I just did the math: 88 hours without food and water.

88!!

Can I just say it's miraculous? Thank you all for your thoughts- I'm sure it helped.

And NIFTY: Thank you for the ability to make my font big and colored. It feels good.

I am so glad. This is my nightmare so I just don't want to ship. I was so concerned about these birds...they are so rare and seem to be so fragile. You should have some good stock here for them to still be alive. You may want to also give them some yogurt or probiotics since they had nothing working through their systems for so long...no telling what kind of bad bacteria can start forming. Bless you and them...that was a close call.

Back
Top Bottom