Need prayers for my birds lost in mail system 3+ days~ UPDATE! 88 hours in, they're here, ALIVE!!!

Thank God your birdies made it!

The Post being FAIL like this has always been my worst fear when I've purchased from other BYC'ers. Frankly I think the problem has to do with all the budget issues they have been having as of late. I know they no longer guarantee overnight delivery for live birds and the ones I have purchased lately have taken 2 days to arrive.

celebrate.gif
So glad they're ok, wow!!!

Welasharon, the baby parrot formula is chock-full of probiotics, and you are absolutely correct!! That is a great reminder for those who may not know that live cultures are such a crucial and beneficial thing for our birds. I always keep baby parrot food on hand because it is tasty and super-helpful, and it can be mixed int a paste or slurry if you need a different consistency for an injured bird or need to tube-teed.

Littlehorn, it is definitely a challenge for the postal service to do the extremely complicated and hefty job they do, but I would say I think they do a spectacular job of it overall, and I've never been unhappy with the way they do it in the past. This was a clear case of a mistake in the system that could have been quickly remedied, but a stubborn individual felt like a second pass through the distribution center to physically look for the birds was a waste of time, so there they sat. The information all over the box confirms that it was the case. One bad onion can make the whole bag stink to high heaven, though the others may be good.

I'm actually writing my scathing report with many compliments. Some USPS workers tried as hard as they could to help, but were stonewalled at the same location, and they can't call another worker a liar. I could. I did.

I love my USPS, but I dislike lazy people who pass the buck.

I'm just so happy they're here!!! Both the birds AND the USPS. Can you imagine if we couldn't send birds?

I will add some to my stock of stuff I never hope to have to use. I follow the thread on these birds and hope you do so very well with them. I don't want the responsibility but I do enjoy all the posts and stories. It is a very unique bird and story.

Wonderful, add me to the others who felt it would end very badly. How great that I was wrong. Do you live in a city with big Newspaper? They usually have a problem solver column, and once they contact the trouble makers - things usually get smoothed out in a hurry. Not many people want the very bad PR that comes from a well read newspaper.

I'm surprised your bids didn't kiss the ground - they were so thankful to have survived their ordeal. Hopefully they just slept thru it and kept each other warm.

Back
Top Bottom