Need seed catalog recommendations, please!

I just got the Seed Savers Exchange one, too, but have not yet ordered. How do you know WHEN to order specific types? Could you order them at one time and save them at home until planting? Forgive me if that is a silly question, this is my first year gardening..

Quote:
I am in love with Seed Savers Exchange and order almost all my seeds from them. You can order pretty much any of the seeds right now and they will send them to you when it is a bit closer to seed starting time...usually not too long after the new year...Jan - Feb and will be fine until you are ready to plant no problem. They will specifically say in the catalog if it is fall order or not...for instance the garlic. On the order forms they also will list the things that have a different order date than spring. If you need help with garden stuff feel free to PM me. I grow a wide variety of garden produce and have since I was a kid, so would be happy to help. Seed Savers will send as much stuff together as possible, in the event that they have something back ordered they will show you on the order form that accompanies all your other seeds as well as not charge you for it until it comes to you. But the majority of the time I get all my seeds at the same time with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom