Need to rehome my remaining hen

After talking with my vet today it has been discussed with him that Ruby is going to need surgery. That is not financially possible for me and am going to try to raise the funds to help her.
I've started A Go Fund me page as I'm not sure what else I can do.
If anyone is willing to help with this endeavour I would be incredibly grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-rub...m=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Thank you for asking. Ruby is still on antibiotics. Last day is tomorrow. She has Been having less and less down days. Has laid several huge eggs, which troubles me some. The vet said her laying eggs is a good thing but a bad thing too. Her reproductive system seems a bit off because of the huge eggs and they are about 48 hours apart.
To fully help her is to get the surgery done but that's out. The go fund me page went nowhere. I shut it down.
So after I stop the antibiotics we shall see how she does. I'm still giving them yogurt with probiotics every other day and silver to Ruby every other day. I'm still looking for a possible home for Annabelle should I have to give up and let Ruby go. We shall see.

Well. She's laying about every other day BUT in the middle of the night, thin shelled, and always broken. To me it's a very small win as at least she is laying something. I'll keep giving the two of them yogurt with probiotics for now. I don't want to give up prematurely but maybe I need to grip the reality of her condition. So for now I'm still looking to rehome Annabelle. I'll get her a full exam before giving her away and will drive to the Florida border if needed. I want her to be as happy as she is now.

It comes with a heavy heart that I must give up Ruby. I had to put her back on antibiotics this evening. As soon as I'm able to rehome Annabelle I will let Ruby go. If anyone has a good and happy home for Annabelle please let me know. I'll drive to the Florida border if I must. Also I'll get her a clean bill of health from my vet. Here's a pic of Annabelle. She's a Dominique, about 2 years old. She's friendly, can be picked up easily, lays smallish light colored eggs, and talks A LOT. Well for some reason I can't get the picture to load.

IMG_20200510_111858654_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom