Need to sex Call Ducks

This is her!! Is it a good enough shot? She just had her bath and is chilling out in a much larger space. This is where my Muscovy drake lived for 8 years. He developed 2 masses in his stomach and started spitting up blood. We had him put to sleep......staying with him the whole time......and then we took him up north to our land for his burial. This little girl is helping me out in so many ways. I lost Daffy in January. But "Baby" is still pretty fast and a whole different "ball game" then Daffy was. All he did was pant or hiss. Not very loud at all.
Pretty little baby. She's a gray, not a snowy.

So I have a grey and not a snowy? What color are the snowy girls? And why do they call them "greys' when they really don't have any grey?

So I have a grey and not a snowy? What color are the snowy girls? And why do they call them "greys' when they really don't have any grey?

Because early call duck breeders wanted to make them sound fancier than just calling them "mallard color". :p And I agree with the others, that is a very lovely gray female <3 I'm so sorry to hear about your dear departed muscovy. That's quite a 180 to go from scovies to calls, but I wish you the best of luck. You said she's in a larger space now, right? Good, cuz that cage looks teeny tiny, even for her!

She's a house duck. She'll get a diaper holder like Daffy had, that way she can run around at night. She takes a bath in our tub. Daffy had favorite toys he played with and Baby is starting to snuggle up to her "Poo Bear" and rolls her ball around. Amazing creatures. Like a little dinosaur!!!

She's a house duck. She'll get a diaper holder like Daffy had, that way she can run around at night. She takes a bath in our tub. Daffy had favorite toys he played with and Baby is starting to snuggle up to her "Poo Bear" and rolls her ball around. Amazing creatures. Like a little dinosaur!!!

They ARE dinosaurs! They're pretty dang old, even older than whales. Crazy, huh? OMG please try to get a video of her playing with her little ball! Have you been over to the house duck thread yet? We'd love to have you over there :) And there's a plethora of other adorable house duck photos, including calls like precious little Winter. I swear she and Wobbles could have been identical twins!

No....it is much bigger then it appears. My Muscovy loved his home. He would even come to us to tell us it was time for bed. And he was a big boy!! Yes......going from a slow, quiet Muscovy to a hyper, little call duckling.......been a HOOT so far!! lol

They ARE dinosaurs! They're pretty dang old, even older than whales. Crazy, huh? OMG please try to get a video of her playing with her little ball! Have you been over to the house duck thread yet? We'd love to have you over there :) And there's a plethora of other adorable house duck photos, including calls like precious little Winter. I swear she and Wobbles could have been identical twins!

Yes.....I will try to get you a video of Baby playing with her ball. It's too darn cute!! She cuddles up with her bear, too. Just don't want to make our neighbors mad at us with our new noise maker. lol

Back
Top Bottom