Neighbor feeding chickens?

I have video from my security cameras of the acts, shes 60,s old single lady with some mental problems, but i dont hokd them against her

Hoo boy, I can identify. So can a lot of others, just check out bad neighbor videos on youtube!
My mean-old-lady-next-door keeps trying to start problems and won't leave me alone. I am not sure what I will do about this, either.
Are your chickens legal? (zoning, I mean). If so, call the police, show the video and ask them to tell her to stop. It might work, coming from the police. Give her a chance first by talking to her yourself.
I don't envy you.

Ya chickens 100% legal, when i first moved in over 10 years ago i would come home to find her and some of her friends having a tea party in my back yard, i never said nothing about it tell the day she parked on my front lawn. She doesnt upkeep anything around her place so she likes the tea partys on my upkept stuff.... Makes me angry sone since she has a larger yard to boot.

Im not surr shes trying to start trouble she is a teacher so i would assume she knows right from wrong.

Im not surr shes trying to start trouble she is a teacher so i would assume she knows right from wrong.

Don't assume nothin'.

(Couldn't resist.)

This woman has boundary issues - namely, she doesn't observe yours. (Seriously? A tea party? Who has a tea party in someone else's yard?!)

My concern, given her previous acts lacking common sense, is that she might find it "cute" to feed the chicks something that's bad for them. Not out of malice, but sheer stupidity.

Ya chickens 100% legal, when i first moved in over 10 years ago i would come home to find her and some of her friends having a tea party in my back yard, i never said nothing about it tell the day she parked on my front lawn. She doesnt upkeep anything around her place so she likes the tea partys on my upkept stuff.... Makes me angry sone since she has a larger yard to boot.

I would make my fence higher if you can afford to do it. That way she can't throw anything into your yard. I would be afraid she would throw something in to hurt your chickens. People can be real wicked sometimes.
She could throw in something they should not eat and make them sick or worse.
Neighbors can be such a pain in the butt, I am so happy we were able to move out into the country.
Good Luck and Thanks for serving our country really appreciate it.

When I was a kid we had a neighbor who was odd, to say the least. At one point he started feeding the feral ducks that lived in the neighborhood...then one day,once they were habituated to the regular feeding, he put out poison and killed them all. Like I said, I was only a kid at the time. Later, when I was a teen, we are pretty sure he put out poison for my dog...in his yard. I wish he had told me that my dog was going in his yard instead of taking care of the problem that way. Anyway, my point is that your neighbor could habituate your birds to the regular feeding and then do something nefarious. I wouldn't let it continue if you don't really trust her anyway. It would be different if you trust her.

My 2 cents. If you don't mind her feeding them offer her some feed she can put out rather than something you would not feed them yourself.I would be more concerned about there diet than some crazy vindictive neighbors . M.W.

I WOULD be concerned about her being vindictive.
I called the police about my neighbor after she started up again yesterday. They said to go to the municipal court and get an order of protection. Then if she breaks it she goes to jail. They serve it to her personally. If she k nows she's on tape, that could make her quit.
Never underestimate the nastiness of people. Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom