Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spock died today. There was no funny business, he just died. I remember thinking these past couple of weeks that I hadn’t heard him crowing. But I thought it was because he was just a couple weeks shy of his third birthday and he just didn’t feel like it anymore. Then yesterday I heard him, stronger and louder than the rest of the roosters, above all other noises I heard Spock. This morning I gave him a handful of grapes as I always do. And he called his girls over and they gathered around him clucking and happy as could be. When I went to feed this afternoon he lay still the yard, not a feather out of place, not a scratch on him. There was just darkness about his head and comb like perhaps his little heart had finally quit. I will miss my Spock.

Spock lived his whole life live free and loud. He wore no collar and was never shut away in the coop. I chose not to compromise. I chose not to let Crazy Lady win. Spock lived as a rooster might dream to live-with more hens than he could breed and more food than he could ever hope to eat.

“Please take care of my Spock, Dad.”

I don’t think that anyone will mind the crowing in heaven, but I will sure miss it here.

Oh no, I am so sorry.
hugs.gif
I have been following your adventures and have enjoyed reading them.... R.I.P. Spock.
hit.gif

RIP Spock, my Phyllis also went to the free range flock in chicken heaven today, RIP Phyllis.

Spock died today. There was no funny business, he just died. I remember thinking these past couple of weeks that I hadn’t heard him crowing. But I thought it was because he was just a couple weeks shy of his third birthday and he just didn’t feel like it anymore. Then yesterday I heard him, stronger and louder than the rest of the roosters, above all other noises I heard Spock. This morning I gave him a handful of grapes as I always do. And he called his girls over and they gathered around him clucking and happy as could be. When I went to feed this afternoon he lay still the yard, not a feather out of place, not a scratch on him. There was just darkness about his head and comb like perhaps his little heart had finally quit. I will miss my Spock. Spock lived his whole life live free and loud. He wore no collar and was never shut away in the coop. I chose not to compromise. I chose not to let Crazy Lady win. Spock lived as a rooster might dream to live-with more hens than he could breed and more food than he could ever hope to eat. “Please take care of my Spock, Dad.” I don’t think that anyone will mind the crowing in heaven, but I will sure miss it here.
I am so sorry for your loss. I feel like I came to know Spock through your posts. I am sure he is crowing in heaven.

I have read every single post of this incredible story and am bawling my eyes out at two am! I feel so attached to the infamous Spock that i was stunned to tears to read of his passing. My heart hurts for your loss! I miss him with you and i didnt even know he existed this morning. Cyber hugs and tissues!
I am very attacthed to all my chickens like you are and love every rooster i have, all seven of them!! I am blessed to have wonderful neighbors that want my boy to crow!! One of the local college football teams ( Gamecocks) has a rooster as a mascot that is a mirror of my mixed breed boy and whenever my neighbor watches the games he always comments that he gets worked up in a good way when he hears the crowing at gametime!!

Sitcom Girl, please keep writing your chicken/horse/goat stories!! Much love and prayers to you and your DH!

Condolences on the end of an era, RIP Spock.

I assume you've had no further troubles with the crazy lady.....or have just chosen not to vent it here.
Hope everything as as well as it can be for your and yours.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved rooster.
I read this whole thread with some interest. The personality type involved is someone I recognize and have had conflict myself with in my life. It's so hard to establish strong boundaries with such people and yet also important to demonstrate that their 'stunting' is not having the desired effect (ie attention for them).
I guess if you want to take advice from a total stranger it would be to 'let go'. It takes a considerable amount of your daily energy to speculate on all the things you see going on behind your beautiful new fence. Accept that her decisions are not based in reality or grounded thinking and accept that she has built a tarp fence in a windy area. Every moment you spend trying to analyze her behavior is detracting from the idyllic life you are building yourself on your farm. And if you continue down that road, somehow, she has won.
Fighting with you is what gets her out of bed in the morning, I can guarantee that. And yet if she fell ill enough to be hospitalized I would hazard a guess that she would be puzzled and disappointed if you didn't show up to visit her. In her irrational mind, this is the closest to a friendship she can get, not something that any of us would recognize as a relationship of any sort, but for her, it is what it is. She has wasted her life with spite and anger; don't get drawn in, for that mind set can be a little contagious.
I feel such empathy for you and wish I could wave a magic wand and fill the properties on either side of you with chicken people, goat people, someone you could swap chicks with and talk about your livestock. Since I can't do that, just know I know how you feel. This woman is tragically ill, and all you can do is demonstrate how a healthy minded person reacts to these situations. All the best to your and your husband.

I am sorry for your loss. It's always hard when we lose a pet or animal that we love. Rest assured that Spock had a good life and that he is now resting easy with your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom