AllFluffedUp

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
I'm making a second post as I'm not sure who will see my response in my first.

I was staggering a few batches of silkie eggs. Batch one hatched beautifully and I have a bundle of lovely floofs. The day after my Mom had a stroke. I've been back and forth frequently, but I've also had my neighbor stopping over and monitoring the humidity as i cant be here to do it. Well, she noticed a pip last night. By this evening they had not hatched, and she assisted without asking me. She chipped away shell, and uncovered their faces "so they could breath". I've not ever assisted with a hatch and im now worried they will not make it. There is no blood, she didn't touch the membrane. They are moving, breathing and making noise. No big rocking movements from one, but it does move. What should I do if anything? They've been like this for about 5hrs. I understand she just wanted to help, but im stressed and worried.

Ive never hatched any eggs so idk but Im so sorry about your Mom and what you must be going through. I hope someone will answer if there is anything you can do. I'm a praying person so I'll say a prayer for your little baby birds and hope they will all be fine.

Ive never hatched any eggs so idk but Im so sorry about your Mom and what you must be going through. I hope someone will answer if there is anything you can do. I'm a praying person so I'll say a prayer for your little baby birds and hope they will all be fine.

Thank you so much ❤️ I'm a praying person too. It seems that's all I've been doing this week lol. I haven't touched them, there's two others pipping now and I dont open the incubator once they pip. Poor little ones. I'm so worried. Usually my nose is glued to the glass with excitement but tonight its just worry.

As a side note, my neighbor has a good heart. She meant well. We all learn the hard way some times, I just wish it hadn't been with these babies.

Coconut oil (no scents. Just raw natural stuff) works well. Use a q tip to apply it

Thank you!!! I believe I have some, ill go and look now.

I've included photos in case anyone needs to see what I mean

Attachments

• 20230422_203416.jpg
    20230422_203416.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom