Nevadans?

What does it mean when a hen sounds 'nasal'? I could not think of another word for it. Her chatter sounds raspy and she reminds me of someone with allergies with that swollen nasal sound.

What other symptoms does she have? Is she stretching her neck up into the air and trying to breath? No other symptoms than the raspy noises?

Some of your babies
big_smile.png

They are looking good! So far, I have been really pleased with how the chicks I hatched this year have turned out. Looks like a fun place for your chicks to hang out in the trees
big_smile.png
Is that Ameraucana rooster in the last picture from my eggs or LRs? Looks like he is a splash? I am surprised at how dark the GCM rooster in the first picture is. I have not seen another one that dark. He is really pretty!

They are looking good! So far, I have been really pleased with how the chicks I hatched this year have turned out. Looks like a fun place for your chicks to hang out in the trees :D   Is that Ameraucana rooster in the last picture from my eggs or LRs? Looks like he is a splash? I am surprised at how dark the GCM rooster in the first picture is. I have not seen another one that dark. He is really pretty! 

Yes! That's the lighter boy from you I was talking about. I'll get a better picture later. He's beautiful! I hatched another one from you that is looking even lighter, so I'll have to see how he turns out too. Both are a little too sweet compared to the more aggressive cockerels.

One GCM that we kept is dark (first picture) with really good feathering one his feet and the other one has a lot more gold (second pic). The darker one is the boy who's adopting my older girls, the more golden one is in love with a BCM pullet from Sunny that is in exile (large pen) for eating her eggs. Hopefully she learns that is a big no-no... :/

Yes! That's the lighter boy from you I was talking about. I'll get a better picture later. He's beautiful! I hatched another one from you that is looking even lighter, so I'll have to see how he turns out too. Both are a little too sweet compared to the more aggressive cockerels.

One GCM that we kept is dark (first picture) with really good feathering one his feet and the other one has a lot more gold (second pic). The darker one is the boy who's adopting my older girls, the more golden one is in love with a BCM pullet from Sunny that is in exile (large pen) for eating her eggs. Hopefully she learns that is a big no-no...
hmm.png
Oh, so that is the one you said is the wrong color, when in fact he is just a splash! I am so glad he is a splash and not an off color! I have only gotten one splash rooster out of all the eggs I have hatched. They can be really pretty! And bred to your wheaten girls will give you 100% blue wheaten chicks which is nice. I would suspect the lighter rooster is out of the Cree line pullets since those birds are lighter colored, plus they have softer temperaments.

Hard to stop egg eaters. Wonder if it is hereditary. I know Sunny had a terrible time with BCM egg eaters at one time
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom