Nevadans?

@kmollyhughes @chickee asked me to post this picture of the egg my OE is laying, it is a truly awesome shade of green :)

Thanks @Liz!!
big_smile.png
Great picture of the OE pullet too! She looks like a golden cuckoo Marans, but has a pea comb. Very pretty!

Last edited:
My very first chicks that I have EVER hatched! And they are from my own birds!!! I have two broodies (who are feather friends and are sitting on one combined pile of 30+ eggs). The eggs are all Ameraucauna/Easter Egger, from an Ameraucauna daddy and either Easter Egger, Barred Rock, or Ameraucauna mommas.

Once I have more chicks hatch I will be selling a good chunk of them and only keeping some Lav hopefuls: Easter Eggers are $5 and the Ameraucaunas are $8.

New coop update: (slowly, but surely)

Paint and covered part of the yard coming along

Both sides will be covered...eventually

The soon to be new yards. Need more DG ~ My husband is secretly THRILLED to be working at home after working all day... :)

Stuck all the broody silkies in the new coops for now. 6 broody/raising babies, 2 broody Marans, broody mutt, and bantam brahma with babies. Ugh....

My very first chicks that I have EVER hatched! And they are from my own birds!!! I have two broodies (who are feather friends and are sitting on one combined pile of 30+ eggs). The eggs are all Ameraucauna/Easter Egger, from an Ameraucauna daddy and either Easter Egger, Barred Rock, or Ameraucauna mommas. Once I have more chicks hatch I will be selling a good chunk of them and only keeping some Lav hopefuls: Easter Eggers are $5 and the Ameraucaunas are $8.
congrats!!!!!!

My very first chicks that I have EVER hatched! And they are from my own birds!!! I have two broodies (who are feather friends and are sitting on one combined pile of 30+ eggs). The eggs are all Ameraucauna/Easter Egger, from an Ameraucauna daddy and either Easter Egger, Barred Rock, or Ameraucauna mommas. Once I have more chicks hatch I will be selling a good chunk of them and only keeping some Lav hopefuls: Easter Eggers are $5 and the Ameraucaunas are $8.
Be careful! Hatching is completely addictive! Love love love babies!

New coop update: (slowly, but surely)

Paint and covered part of the yard coming along

Both sides will be covered...eventually

The soon to be new yards. Need more DG ~ My husband is secretly THRILLED to be working at home after working all day...
smile.png

Stuck all the broody silkies in the new coops for now. 6 broody/raising babies, 2 broody Marans, broody mutt, and bantam brahma with babies. Ugh....
That is looking GREAT!
thumbsup.gif

Broke my Silkie broody finally! But have two BW Ameraucana hens broody that I will need to lock out of the chicken house to break. They are fighting over the eggs and breaking them! Wouldn't you know, when I don't have room for more chicks I have the broody hens!
he.gif

That is looking GREAT!  :thumbsup     

Broke my Silkie broody finally! But have two BW Ameraucana hens broody that I will need to lock out of the chicken house to break. They are fighting over the eggs and breaking them! Wouldn't you know, when I don't have room for more chicks I have the broody hens! :he

Ha! Breaking a silkie...that must've been fun. Lol They are determined little fuzz balls. I've never had an ameraucana broody. Apparently I have the one Orpington also that won't go broody. My Marans have always been super broody, but temperamental with their babies. They either love them or want to kill them. :p

Every morning I would take the Silkie pullet out and put her on the ground next to the chick run. She would do her broody poop
sickbyc.gif
hobble around like she could't walk (that scared me!) and then I would put her back in a fenced off portion of the chicken house so the roosters wouldn't mob her. After a couple of weeks of doing that she decided she had enough or maybe the chicks made her think she hatched some and she was done
lol.png

Oh, and for those who are looking for some adorable, 9 week old Silkie chicks, I put up an ad for the two blue partridge Silkie chicks. I HAVE to downsize! These two are nothing like their parents who wouldn't even go out of the house as chicks! They zoom in and out and all around with the d'Anver chicks! Very frisky, healthy babies.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom