Nevadans?

First egg!!!!!

Congrats on your first egg!! Both of my white leghorns are laying now. Really small eggs but regular as clock work,,, every other day,,, I was surprised at how small the eggs were. I am assuming that since they just started laying that the eggs will get bigger over time. Anyway I don't think the excitement of gathering eggs will ever wear off! Congrats again!
thumbsup.gif

OOOOO so my dad was cleaning out their storage and came across a Marsh Turn-X Incubator model TX6. It has the automatic turner. It appears to be intact and working. I will get it tomorrow and set it up to run empty. Is there anyone in the Reno area that has fertile eggs for a test batch? My girls are not laying let and Roo Roo is barely realizing he is a boy.

Hopefully this works and then I can move on to fancy eggs (cream legbars and marans)....My husband called me bird brained today.... pretty sure is he is 100% right bwahahahahahahahahaha
wee.gif

OOOOO so my dad was cleaning out their storage and came across a Marsh Turn-X Incubator model TX6. It has the automatic turner. It appears to be intact and working. I will get it tomorrow and set it up to run empty. Is there anyone in the Reno area that has fertile eggs for a test batch? My girls are not laying let and Roo Roo is barely realizing he is a boy.

Hopefully this works and then I can move on to fancy eggs (cream legbars and marans)....My husband called me bird brained today.... pretty sure is he is 100% right bwahahahahahahahahaha
wee.gif

That's pretty cool. I do have fertile eggs. I have Marans and Olive Eggers.

Thank you! We have a total of 4 eggs including the first one I posted. 3 have been brown like the first, but there was a cream colored one yesterday! So we have at least TWO laying now! Small pullet eggs too but they'll get bigger!

Actually I have a couple fertile eggs - all of ours would be fertile.

wee.gif

Last edited:
Any tips on getting our rooster to be a bit nicer to my wife? He doesn't seem to bug me much as I really don't let him - but my wife now hates him and he used to be her favorite. LOL. I tried telling her that she can't act scared but I'm not sure that is working out for her. I now have to put him in a carrier when she goes in to clean or replace water/food.

Last edited:
P
Where did you get cream legbars!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

They are my new obsession but I do think the husband might kill me if I get more chickens...

PapaBrooder, here on BYC had really nice stock. Not hatchery. I have 6 leg bars from him and they are giving me really nice blue eggs and one had become an awesome mother. :)

Back
Top Bottom